Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any way to adjust G3 board racks?

arrydjay

So everytime I put a wet board back on the rack water runs straight down it and back into the boat... Is there any way to stop this? I also noticed people calling them slide off spinning board racks....what is that slide off bit about? I thought they just spun around....

Same thing here, water drips right on the gunwale. I don't think you can adjust them. I let the board drain on the sundeck for a minute. If it's cold, I'll dry the board before I put it upthere. I can see that being a problem if you are in saltwater.

The racks have a small allen screw on the inboard side. You loosen that and they slide right out.

yeah Im in saltwater a fair bit, Its hard to believe that such a fundamental problem gets by the people that design these things....They should be able to be angled up and down, just like they swivel...

I have the swivel racks, but I don't swing them in to load a board. That helps with keeping water off the seats. Also, give that board a shake before you put it in the boat.

I find that when the board is swiveled in, it is on less of an angle and it drips less that if it was swiveled out....grrrr

You might have a little better luck with the racks mounted on the bottom location. Worth a try if not already there.

All G3 racks are swivel and slide off to remove. There is a small set screw on the back side of the aluminum tower rack mount that you can loosen to slide the rack off of the tower.