Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 wakesetter holes under boat???

Hi,

I am trying to find a picture and description of all the "holes" and other things that are on the underside/outside bottom of hull on 2006/2007 wakesetter LSV. I know some are for the ballast inputs for water. Are there 4 holes for the 4 separate water ballasts? Which one is for which ballasts? I know there's also a speedometer wheel.

I am asking so I know what everything is and also because I just checked out a wakesetter 2006 LSV for sale and on the bottom of the boat it looked like a 2 inch diameter hole was plugged and had a little sloppy silicone around it. I asked what it was and the owner said he did not know. For whatever reason the owner filled all ballasts except for the bow and that was strange. As I was not interested in the boat due to the condition of upholstery , I never asked him to fill the bow ballast. Then later on I was thinking maybe it was broken and maybe they plugged the input at the bottom of boat.

There was also water in the bilge and he said he just cleaned off the engine which did not make sense to me.

This was my first time driving a Malibu and the steering had no friction when turning (way too easy). Is this normal? I am used to a 2002 SeaDoo utopia 18 ft 240HP and am used to a bit of resistance.

Thanks !!!

Hi,

I am trying to find a picture and description of all the "holes" and other things that are on the underside/outside bottom of hull on 2006/2007 wakesetter LSV. I know some are for the ballast inputs for water. Are there 4 holes for the 4 separate water ballasts? Which one is for which ballasts? I know there's also a speedometer wheel.

I am asking so I know what everything is and also because I just checked out a wakesetter 2006 LSV for sale and on the bottom of the boat it looked like a 2 inch diameter hole was plugged and had a little sloppy silicone around it. I asked what it was and the owner said he did not know. For whatever reason the owner filled all ballasts except for the bow and that was strange. As I was not interested in the boat due to the condition of upholstery , I never asked him to fill the bow ballast. Then later on I was thinking maybe it was broken and maybe they plugged the input at the bottom of boat.

There was also water in the bilge and he said he just cleaned off the engine which did not make sense to me.

This was my first time driving a Malibu and the steering had no friction when turning (way too easy). Is this normal? I am used to a 2002 SeaDoo utopia 18 ft 240HP and am used to a bit of resistance.

Thanks !!!

The hole could have been from a depth transducer...that sounds about the right size.

As far as the steering it should be smoot and relatively easy. you should be able to turn the wheel with one finger at idel and it should be effortless while under way.

The hole could have been from a depth transducer...that sounds about the right size.

As far as the steering it should be smoot and relatively easy. you should be able to turn the wheel with one finger at idle and it should be effortless while under way.

There will be a slight difference from what you are used to. You should not even compare any drive ability of your Seadoo to a Malibu, they are two totally different boats. Your Seadoo uses directional thrust and the Malibu uses a rudder (zero resistance). So as far as steering it sounds like what you should expect when you are driving a Malibu.

Edited by Ramman17

It's normal for a boat to have a bit of water in the bilge, especially if it's on the water any length of time.

I don't usually hose my engine off with water, but I suppose it could be done.

That boat has 4 ballast tanks and 4 corresponding holes in the bottom of the boat. There is also the engine water intake and also a hole for the midship plug. As others have said, the depth gauge transducer is about 2-3 inches in diameter. Ask the owner if the bow ballast works. If not, don't let it be a deal breaker, it is probably an easy fix, but get the specifics. After driving other boats, the ease of spinning the wheel in a Malibu is an absolute pleasure, you should be so lucky! Welcome to the crew, you won't regret buying a Malibu, unless it has problems, or unless you pay too much, or unless your family hates it, or unless it explodes, or unless you hate great boats!

That boat has 4 ballast tanks and 4 corresponding holes in the bottom of the boat. There is also the engine water intake and also a hole for the midship plug. As others have said, the depth gauge transducer is about 2-3 inches in diameter. Ask the owner if the bow ballast works. If not, don't let it be a deal breaker, it is probably an easy fix, but get the specifics. After driving other boats, the ease of spinning the wheel in a Malibu is an absolute pleasure, you should be so lucky! Welcome to the crew, you won't regret buying a Malibu, unless it has problems, or unless you pay too much, or unless your family hates it, or unless it explodes, or unless you hate great boats!

Also a hole for the paddlewheel speedo.

What is the midship plug for? Is it plugged or an open hole? Is this just to drain water from boat?

What is the midship plug for? Is it plugged or an open hole? Is this just to drain water from boat?

It's a drain. It's under the midship hatch, along with a couple of pumps for the midship tank.