Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

misting

MARiley

has anyone ever put a misting system on their boat? it gets hot at my regular watering hole and it'd be nice to have.

This thread sounds like it should have been a post in the First World Problems thread. How funny, "It gets too hot while I am out boating." Yeah we feel real bad for you, what with all that sun and heat. Tease2.gif

Isn't the reason we buy boats is because we love the lake and love the warm weather??? Why modify with something that can be easily accomplished with a 1, 2, 3, jump philosophy?

the average summer temp is about 110 and the water hovers around 83 on the main river and hotter on the smaller lakes and tributaries. it's warm to say the least.

i can totally see the point that madchild is making.

it can be hotter than he-double-hockey sticks in a boat.

relief from a 'go jump in the lake' can be very temporary.

that 'go jump in the lake' thing only works while dead in the water, too.

that pump looks a lot like the pump used in the heatercraft shower system.

add a little plumbing and i would bet that the same pump could power both the shower and the mister, mister.

maybe not. i should have googled before i posted.

now i'm guessing that the mister may need much more pressure than the shower.

Edited by tvano

:surfing:

My dealer told me these were standard equipment on the "2011.5 Malibu Wake Surfer, Misty Edition".

so when you're wakesurfing the misters give you the feeling of seaspray in a dbl-overhead tube? hhahahaha!

:surfing:

My dealer told me these were standard equipment on the "2011.5 Malibu Wake Surfer, Misty Edition".

I ordered that option with the optional "sea salt" mist option.

Plus if the lake is to hot what makes you think the mist will be cooler?

I assumed this system would be hooked to an integrated water purified / cooling system to provide a climate adjusted appropriate temperature mist.

This summer I bought the mister head in the pic/link below from Home Depot and attached it to my boat shower hose. I ran the shower hose up the gunnel to behind the drivers seat.

http://www.aeromist.com/aero-mist-cool-shot-red.html

Since I have young kids and boat in hot weather, it kept the kids cool while we were wakeboarding and we avoided having to pull upset kids out of the water because they couldn't swim longer.

post-134-040702300 1286599765_thumb.jpg