Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gear.Malibu.com

ed obermeier

Guys they are aware of the concerns and comments in fact here is their reply:

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We appreciate your input as we strive to meet our customer's needs and expectations. We realize that you purchased a Malibu Boat because you want the very best, and that is also the most important goal for our gear.

We are trying to appeal to a wide variety of Malibu owners with different tastes and lifestyles. In our research, one common request prior to launching the new gear site, was to have more design-oriented and higher quality apparel.

We are continually asking for input at every juncture of product development and design. As you may have noticed, we are constantly adding new products, as well as modifying existing designs. One of our new designs is The Kappler Malibu youth shirt. Tantrum Pride This design was inspired by a Malibu Boat owner.

We love hearing from The Malibu Crew! This is your gear site and we want to offer products that you want to purchase. We will continue to work hard to do this.

To stay informed on changes made to gear.malibuboats.com, or to make a suggestions, follow us on twitter (see link below) or email us at [email protected]. http://twitter.com/malibuapparel

We realize that some of our boat accessories have not been readily available to purchase. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please be assured that we are working to get this resolved.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• JDubya

• ed obermeier

• Glen Lake Malibu

Dear Mr. Foot,

I know you are busy walking everywhere but in your spare time could you please remove yourself from my mouth? While your at it can you tell your buddy Mr. Crow to stop flying down my throat? He doesn't taste all that great.

Sincerely,

[email protected]

I've seen them reading this thread. Trust me, they are taking notes. You know though that they have $$ invested in current stock...This has been a problem with their gear for many years.

Maybe we should stop complaining about how bad their designs and give them some suggestions while they are taking notes. Ill vote for more that have the same "style" as the SETTER shirt. I also agree with the logo/name on the top left chest with the bigger one on the back. I can wear the shirts with the big logo on the front (Dread, Illusion) but they are hideous. Hope this helps. Oh and if you need someone to demo them you can send me as many as you want, I promise to return them when I'm done.

We are continually asking for input at every juncture of product development and design. As you may have noticed, we are constantly adding new products, as well as modifying existing designs. One of our new designs is The Kappler Malibu youth shirt. http://liten.be//49f8J This design was inspired by a Malibu Boat owner.

Anyone else getting some Japanese Yahoo site from this link??

Good to hear their listening. Hopefully it'll produce some results.

How about some Malibu branded board shorts for the men and ladies.

How about some hats that look like this...

For the ladies...BAh7CGkKIgwyNjh4Mzg1aQtsKwfopnlLaQhpA3EsAQ.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main&mpdistrans=alt

For the dudes...

BAh7CGkKIgwyNjh4Mzg1aQtsKwfFqWFMaQhpA_KMAQ.jpg

More suggestions...

Coffee Mugs.

How about some thorwback shirts for the classic owners.

Under Armor Dervos Jacket

35956_l.jpg

Tell me the last time you saw a post like this:

Hello everyone, my name is Ben Dover with Malibu. Rest assured we have taken notice of your concerns and we working diligently to address these issues, etc, etc.

I read a couple posts here and there :whistle: and can't say I've seen that yet. I think they read these types of concerns but I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting on a response.

I think I figured out who Ben Dover is.... :rofl:

displace_palm-detail-brown-axis.jpg

Every company is missing out on this revenue line. It doesn't matter if it is Malibu, Hyperlite, Ronix, Mastercraft etc... If Malibu wants to get into this line. I think Malibu would be smart to take a look at Snowboarding / Ski and alomost mirror the types of soft good products they have for sale. There is young, old and youth syles. If this is what we are asking for, we need to be willing to pay for it. Quality products are not cheap, Malibu is obviously not a clothing company. Therefore will need to buy the blank / plain product, outsource the embroidery or screening and try to make a profit. I would be willing to bet that this is the main reason we do not see more of this from these companies. It is not profitable. Not to mention in order for it to be, they need to sell sweatshirts for $65 and tee shirts for $30 beacause that is what it takes. In turn makes us (the customer) feel like we are getting ripped off. Until Malibu has their own clothing line, you better be willing to pay for anything close to a quality product.

I think part of the problem is that there are so many different tastes as far as branded clothing goes. Some of you like whats available, some don't. Some of you like what's been suggested, some don't. There are so many different styles in different parts of the world it would be very hard to make items everyone likes. When you are trying to please everyone from the young enthusiasts all the way to the older fans, that can get to be a big task.

I would like a back pack bag customized for wake boarding similar to what the snowboarding industry has done. Make it out of high quality material with tool storage on the side panels, a place for the portable electronics with scratch protection, sun glass pouch, and room for a dry set of clothes. Burton makes nice ones for the winter sports and I have seen bags made by/for Slingshot but haven't found one. Someone else can design the Malibu logos and look for it.

-Dave

i think what i was disappointed about, was that there was an announcement on here about how the new site was going to bring a bunch of new stuff. at least that is how i read it. but when the new site came up, i felt like there was less stuff than the previous store. Today, i believe that there are only 2 items that i can get for kids.

I actually liked a lot of the stuff on teh old site. but now i cannot even get that stuff.

martinarcher

Agreed. The only thing t-shirt wise on the store that looks cool to me is the "Setter" t-shirt. If I owned one I would certainly have to buy one.

I'm working on a Malibu t-shirt for myself. I'm certainly not going to sell it as it's a one off thing I wanted for myself to show my Malibu pride, but would it be legit to post it here as an example? I created the Malibu logo and sun using smaller logos found on the net and hours in GIMP (free photoshop). I needed a very large logo to make the shirt look good. I used one of the online "design your own" shirt places. They say it's going to take 21 days to make the shirt, but hey...I'll wait. Thumbup.gif

Why stop at Tshirts and Sweatshirts?

The backpack, great idea. Exactly what I am talking about by looking at the snowboard / ski business.

Malibu observer flag.

Sunscreen for your windshield.

Coffee mug.

More stickers.

Licence plate surrounds. Give them some ideas... Malibu on top, your favorite quote on bottom.

Beanies.

Flex fit hats.

Key chains.

Board bags.

IPod covers.

Towels.

Carpet saver for older models.

Tire covers.

I know this is all over the map, I do believe that these items would sell. There a probably a hundred other items you guy's can list. I think the point is that we all love Malibu, we are proud of our toy and we like to show it off at any given chance... I mean, if they made Malibu toilet paper I would at least consider it. :biggrin:

If I were in Malibu's shoes I would sub this out to a company like Dakine or Burton... Maybe even try a up and coming company like Neff, if your trying to save a buck. If I knew I was buying a product made by Burton and had a Malibu logo... Sky is the limit, we are all here because we love quality.

Four pages of posts... do you think this would be enough to get them to take notice. I saw thier response to the site on a couple of posts back, It was such a cannned ,corporate brush off. At least give us some hope.....

Agreed. The only thing t-shirt wise on the store that looks cool to me is the "Setter" t-shirt. If I owned one I would certainly have to buy one.

I'm working on a Malibu t-shirt for myself. I'm certainly not going to sell it as it's a one off thing I wanted for myself to show my Malibu pride, but would it be legit to post it here as an example? I created the Malibu logo and sun using smaller logos found on the net and hours in GIMP (free photoshop). I needed a very large logo to make the shirt look good. I used one of the online "design your own" shirt places. They say it's going to take 21 days to make the shirt, but hey...I'll wait. Thumbup.gif

Yeah baby!

I'd still buy this in a heart beat..

tmcshirt.jpg

Recent thread of some good examples of logo'd wear and such.

The thing is, there are always some classic designs that people will buy. Check out a site like shoppga.com and look at some of the nike or addidas dri-fit golf polo shirts. One of these with the malibu logo instead of "Fed Ex" or some other tournament name would be nice. To be honest, the polo shirt that's on the malibu gear site isn't bad. Three things I would like to mention. For $50 I would expect one of the "wicking" shirts like nike/addidas/under armor. Also, I would prefer just the "malibu" name. I've never been crazy about the sunset part of the logo. It looks very dated...60s ish... especially when in color. At least the malibu font seems more up to date. Finally, the only color is "aquatic blue"? Whatever happened to classic black or a nice navy with say a white stripe.

If you have to stick with t-shirts for some reason (I'm not sure why, with how much we spend on our boats we could have some nice shirts) then go with something simple. Look at the "Life is good" stuff. Not much of in terms of design, very simple, but the stuff sells.

Another more flashy t-shirt design... take a look at some of the alpine stars or more "modern" stuff. Now take a look at the "setter" t-shirt on the site. Imagine black or dark grey t-shirt with black or grey watermark wakesetter "W" logo pretty large offset on the sleeve and shirt front. The wakesetter name could be overlaid or offset to a different part of the shirt. Get rid of the picture of the boat. The only way I want a picture of an actual boat on my shirt is if it is my boat, and even then I probably won't wear it. Stick to the logos.

The point is, get quality items that people would want to wear without the logo, THEN put your logo on it. If I'm going to wear a shirt I want it to be a reflection of me and if it has your logo, you should want it to be a reflection of you.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier
martinarcher

Why stop at Tshirts and Sweatshirts?

The backpack, great idea. Exactly what I am talking about by looking at the snowboard / ski business.

Malibu observer flag.

Sunscreen for your windshield.

Coffee mug.

More stickers.

Licence plate surrounds. Give them some ideas... Malibu on top, your favorite quote on bottom.

Beanies.

Flex fit hats.

Key chains.

Board bags.

IPod covers.

Towels.

Carpet saver for older models.

Tire covers.

I know this is all over the map, I do believe that these items would sell. There a probably a hundred other items you guy's can list. I think the point is that we all love Malibu, we are proud of our toy and we like to show it off at any given chance... I mean, if they made Malibu toilet paper I would at least consider it. :biggrin:

If I were in Malibu's shoes I would sub this out to a company like Dakine or Burton... Maybe even try a up and coming company like Neff, if your trying to save a buck. If I knew I was buying a product made by Burton and had a Malibu logo... Sky is the limit, we are all here because we love quality.

Now your talking! I would love a carpet saver for my boat and have an ugly spare that is begging for some Malibu swag!

WOW, carpet saver for the old 'BU's how cool would that be. I actually thought about making my own, (even though I don't have carpet) I was going to mock it up in cardboard, transfer that over to the carpet then have my upholstery guy put an edge on it. Maybe some non skid pads on the bottom. The floor in my boat gets a little cold this time of year!

lets see a picture of that shirt! and a link to the "design your own" shirt place so we can buy one if we like it.