Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gear.Malibu.com

ed obermeier

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• JDubya

• ed obermeier

• Glen Lake Malibu

I keep going back to the site thinking there is going to be something I want, but I get disappointed every time. They should be ashamed of that site.

Ok the white wakesetter T was not bad....Other then that , not much!

Take a look at Cobalt boats clothing site or even Bennington pontoons accessory site. My point is unless you politely complain about the selection, you will not get them to change. PS I like being an older boater.

Take a look at Cobalt boats clothing site or even Bennington pontoons accessory site. My point is unless you politely complain about the selection, you will not get them to change. PS I like being an older boater.

I consider myself a young buck at 29 and I think the gear stragiht up sucks...

How you like them apples....MALIBU.....get with the program...not everyone wants to look like a jersy shore tool. Esp not Malibu Owners. :fingerwag:

Guys let's give constructive comments rather than attacking it'll go much further.

Thanks

Honestly I am a simnple guy, so don't make it so flashy....

But I do like things that have mentioned here like use some higher end clothing and then some custom embroidery much like they did on the Silver Edition Jackets.

Let's make it simple...Examples I like...

3n53mb3p95Y55T65U2a9p794eba8898521adc.jpg11-P00125-1.jpgchromax_decal_large.jpgcc201a.JPGPolo-detail-MalibuBoats.jpgcircle_logo_large.jpg?1285974230

Hey, heres a shocker...... how about a logoed rash guard? :crazy:

I didn't even go to marketing school & was able to come with that one.

Better make mine loose fit too. Thats XXL please. :rofl:

martinarcher

Hey, heres a shocker...... how about a logoed rash guard? :crazy:

I didn't even go to marketing school & was able to come with that one.

Better make mine loose fit too. Thats XXL please. :rofl:

Good idea!

A few of years back they had a gray hoodie with the Wakesetter tatoo on the front. I bought that one and would like another with similiar, simple, classic design. Looking at the site, last weekend, my wife said that I was past the age of trying to look like a high schooler.... There are already two in the house and two more right behind them.

If they want us to wear the stuff make sure that those who pay for the boats are willing to wear it in public. They still can have less expensive stuff for the kids. But just look at the apparel that BMW sells, people wear it, it looks nice and it isn't cheap.

Edited by dlb

The other thing is all the t shirt graphics are on the front.... Call me old school, but t-shirt graphics go on the back of adult shirts, at least for men.

Peter.

Old School, or Old Man? :tease1:

Man is that the pot calling the kettle black...or whatever you old people say

Touche' :)

Edited by areamike

T shirt suggestion

front....."MALIBU a step beyond" with the sun graphic. Small. Where the pocket would be, but no pocket.

back............The new WS graphic. Just the logo, nothing else. Big.

I like the polo shirt and the shorts.

Rash guard......great idea!

Anything with the G3 on it. No. Ditto for board racks.

Gear bag with a simple logo graphic. Yes.

Boat blanket with a heater tube fitting. Dress it up with a Malibu logo. Keep the cost reasonable. In fact, keep the cost of all of it VERY reasonable since we are paying to promote Malibu boats!

...not everyone wants to look like a jersey shore tool. Esp not Malibu Owners. :fingerwag:

:lol: Not a whole lotta candy-coating there, eh?

Is that a G3 tower on your shirt or, are you just happy to see me? :loser:

:lol::thumbup:

... how about a logoed rash guard? :crazy:

:thumbup: I'd wear one. Logo on the sleeve so that it shows while wearing a vest.

martinarcher

A few of years back they had a gray hoodie with the Wakesetter tatoo on the front. I bought that one and would like another with similiar, simple, classic design. Looking at the site, last weekend, my wife said that I was past the age of trying to look like a high schooler.... There are already two in the house and two more right behind them.

If they want us to wear the stuff make sure that those who pay for the boats are willing to wear it in public. They still can have less expensive stuff for the kids. But just look at the apparel that BMW sells, people wear it, it looks nice and it isn't cheap.

Good example. I've got a few BMW shirts that are super simple with their logo and I love them.

Here is an easy litmus test. Can the design be embroidered? If not it is too gawdy. We have a bunch of hoodies and shirts and the classic or contemporary looks good if it is embroidered.

OK, It is time to here from the Malibu headquaters on this subject. Maybe they can explain why we don't get it. Please respond MALIBU!!!!

OK, It is time to here from the Malibu headquaters on this subject. Maybe they can explain why we don't get it. Please respond MALIBU!!!!

Tell me the last time you saw a post like this:

Hello everyone, my name is Ben Dover with Malibu. Rest assured we have taken notice of your concerns and we working diligently to address these issues, etc, etc.

I read a couple posts here and there :whistle: and can't say I've seen that yet. I think they read these types of concerns but I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting on a response.

Edited by Ndawg12

Tell me the last time you saw a post like this:

Hello everyone, my name is Ben Dover with Malibu. Rest assured we have taken notice of your concerns and we working diligently to address these issues, etc, etc.

I read a couple posts here and there :whistle: and can't say I've seen that yet. I think they read these types of concerns but I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting on a response.

HEhe, TRUE DAT! :crazy:

I've seen them reading this thread. Trust me, they are taking notes. You know though that they have $$ invested in current stock...This has been a problem with their gear for many years.

Yup, I've noticed a new one that registered just the other day, shortly after this thread showed up. They may not respond, but I'm quite sure that Ronnie's right about the notes that they're taking. Between design & implementation, & existing stock that he also alluded to, it takes time to get changes like this in place.