Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

And I Thought The Bootless Ski Was Tough

NorCaliBu

MalibuNation

For reference if anyones cellphone takes a swim, don't turn it on, take it apart and blow dry it to hell. Let it cool put it back together and give it a shot. 7/7. Knock on wood!

Or stick it in a bowl or rice or in the freezer to dry it out. Last year my cell phone and iPod decided to take a swim as they fell off my dock.

Time to eliminate that pesky lanyard. I did it many years ago.

yes I just reversed the polarity on the switch....now it works opposite in other words put the lanyard in and the boat won't start.

For reference if anyones cellphone takes a swim, don't turn it on, take it apart and blow dry it to hell. Let it cool put it back together and give it a shot. 7/7. Knock on wood!

Very true! However, save yourself the time of standing there blow drying your phone and instead throw it in the oven @ 100 degrees for a few hours. I'm 2/2 with that approach.

Edited by msuwaterski

Just this past Wednesday I backed my iRide with a 9' tower height into my 8' garage. No one is allowed to talk to me after I pull into the driveway anymore, and someone will get out to turn some lights on.

Oh my, that one hurts.

I was not going to tell this one but.

I got a new shorty this year. When I started to use it I started having problems with my get up and I don't miss many. Well this went on for 2 or 3 weeks. One night I failed 5 times and just climbed back on the boat so others could get a ski in. Frustrated.gif

Well another day and more failed launches, after getting up and skiing I drooped and climb on the swim platform and my bud's start laughing. The crouch of the suit was blown out. It would load up with so much water I could not pull out of the water.

Went back to the old shorty and no problems. Now I am into a dry an still no problems.

A number of years ago I put on my drysuit and got into the water. My back then started feeling very cold and wet. Yep, I had forgotten to get it zipped. I got out of the water and the kids couldn't stop laughing.

A few years ago I headed out with my new hard shell ski boots, first time with them. Took me forever to get out of the water, but I finally did and skiied well. Finished the set, and started unstrapping my boots in the water. For what ever reason I thought it would be easier to leave my feet in the liners and slide the liners out of the hard shell. As the boat came around to pick me up I was telling all the old timer pros in the boat how these new hard shells were the best thing since sliced bread and I would soon be able to out ski everyone! As I pulled my last foot out of the boots I must have tweaked the bindings just right and they released. The hardshells don't float without a liner in them, and both boots sank to the bottom of the lake like rocks. Took me 4 hours of diving to find them, but I did. The guys on the lake still won't let me forget that day (and yes, they still ski better than I do). From then on I slide my foot out of the liner and make sure the liner stays in the shell (provides floatation)

Edited by chadwick02

Time to eliminate that pesky lanyard. I did it many years ago.

Or better yet, sell it! That was my baby for 12 years before the Echelon (which does not have a lanyard).

Edited by Michigan boarder

A few years ago I headed out with my new hard shell ski boots, first time with them. Took me forever to get out of the water, but I finally did and skiied well. Finished the set, and started unstrapping my boots in the water. For what ever reason I thought it would be easier to leave my feet in the liners and slide the liners out of the hard shell. As the boat came around to pick me up I was telling all the old timer pros in the boat how these new hard shells were the best thing since sliced bread and I would soon be able to out ski everyone! As I pulled my last foot out of the boots I must have tweaked the bindings just right and they released. The hardshells don't float without a liner in them, and both boots sank to the bottom of the lake like rocks. Took me 4 hours of diving to find them, but I did. The guys on the lake still won't let me forget that day (and yes, they still ski better than I do). From then on I slide my foot out of the liner and make sure the liner stays in the shell (provides floatation)

Crow just doesn't taste very good does it? I find that preparing it fried with a little butter & garlic helps it go down easier. :lol: At least you found them!

Earlier this summer, on a Sunday morning at 8am. Very hungover, I think we quit at like 3am. But the water is glass, and we all had a great plan of barefooting first thing. I'm a mess, trying to drink my coffee from the wrong side of the tumbler (repeatedly), staring into space, etc. But I'm in first, I gotta shake it. Kill the boat, I jump in at the end of the lake in the barefoot suit. They throw me the short line. I tie the loop in it so it will go around the boom, but pull it tight so the knot comes out before I put it on the boom. I'm confused. I do it 3 times before I realize the boom needs to be inside the knot. I almost give up and get back in the boat, but then realized my malfunction. Got a whole crew laughing at me, it was pretty funny. Actually had a great run that morning too!

Edited by Michigan boarder
  • 1 month later...

Learned a few lessons the hard way over the years. :unsure:

Now I carry a waterproof phone (Casio G'Zone Boulder) & ride & paddle with it in my pocket regularly.

I have spare truck keys on the boat key ring. Spare boat key on the truck key ring. Spare boat & truck keys on the golf cart key ring. And spare truck & boat keys stashed in the boat. Oh, and spare house keys stashed outside of the house.

This summer we were anchored off shore near my buddies' new place on the lake..... just watching construction & hangin out. We got a call to go pick someone up at a nearby dock, started the boat & took off....... then glanced in the mirror to see my anchor getting a set in about 100' behind the boat. :Doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Warning: the shore is closer than it looks after all the docks come out (November). My friend had me footin off the boom when he got too close to shore and hit a shallow spot. He didn't realize how close to shore he was because the docks were out. Wrecked his prop, shaft and strut.

And that was right after (same day) he dinged his brand new acme prop powering backwards off the trailer. I assume that because everyones boat was already pulled out there was sand/rock buildup from people power loading. I always try to get the trailer to launch me fast(driver backing up fast) so I don't have to use reverse. Our crappy dirt launch is shallow with rocks.