Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fog engine or not?

Woodsprinter

Hey MalibuTime, you can easily setup that boat so you can drain the block, heater & shower in a few minutes. Then bump start the engine to blow the remaining water out. You will be good to go.

I've been doing it for years, even with the Johnson impellers. But now that the Globes are available (15 min of run dry time over the life of the impeller), it's a slam dunk! :rockon:

Riding with the old crew from HO/Hyperlite, we had the boats all dialed in for winter riding. My old MC never lived in a garage for it's whole life. It was 11 yrs old & had over 700 hrs on it when I sold it, tons of them riding in the off season!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Hey MalibuTime, you can easily setup that boat so you can drain the block, heater & shower in a few minutes. Then bump start the engine to blow the remaining water out. You will be good to go.

I've been doing it for years, even with the Johnson impellers. But now that the Globes are available (15 min of run dry time over the life of the impeller), it's a slam dunk! :rockon:

Riding with the old crew from HO/Hyperlite, we had the boats all dialed in for winter riding. My old MC never lived in a garage for it's whole life. It was 11 yrs old & had over 700 hrs on it when I sold it, tons of them riding in the off season!

Hey thanks Bill. My boat lives in an insulated garage below heated space, but that would be good to add. Do you know if those mods are on one of the winterization short cut threads? THX

I am thinking that my winterization plan is going to be to get out skiing at least once every month and put my drysuit to work. I hit December 2009 and January 2010, so if I can do that, I should be able to get out monthly...

In that case I probably won't drain the block unless I go on a trip in Feb. and it is really cold here (cold like it is in Spokane all winter long)!

I will probably just go with the West Marine stuff or just keep using the blue StaBil.

This was my exact program last year, some times we hit 4-5 times/month, it was awesome glass. Hoping for the same this year so I'll use stabil but no antifreeze and no fogging. Only ended up draining it a couple times when the temps dipped. Biggest challenge will be finding a 2nd & 3rd.

Biggest challenge will be finding a 2nd & 3rd.

Ain't that the truth. I'm buying a new drysuit so that I'll have my "old" one as a loaner so maybe I'll have a little better luck.

Hey thanks Bill. My boat lives in an insulated garage below heated space, but that would be good to add. Do you know if those mods are on one of the winterization short cut threads? THX

Unfortunately I think it's kinda scattered all over. The winterization thread has info about draining the block, shower & heater.

There is also info about the quick release garden hose fittings for the heater in the DIY section. And I've mentioned plenty of times about using the Prestone flush kit T fittings instead.

Plus all the info regarding things like the Globe impellers, Xtreme/Boatsafe bilge heaters, on-board battery chargers, etc.

It took me a few times to get my own winterization process down to a science. But now I have it down in writing, tools on board, and can everything & have the boat covered & parked in like 15 minutes.

It's really a matter of spending the time to learn the process, even documenting it so you can remember it everytime you need to.

My dealer uses this stuff. For you service, guys, let me know what you think, it sure beats the crap out of pulling spark plugs. They say it's fine for CATS. It seems too good to be true! I used it last year and didn't have any problems.

My local dealer uses it to winterize as well. I bought some and will try it out when I winterize soon.