Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aluminum Wakeboard Boat

TEXWAKE

MalibuNation

The front of that thing looks more like a frog gig than my boat.

I thought the front looked like a saw blade myself.

I've wondered about an aluminum ski boat ... thinking they would be lighter than glass.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• REW

• CumminsBu

• Lance B. Johnson

Deisel? No thank. I can't stand that smell. Vomit.gif

The newer ones don't smell so bad, at least my TDi Jetta doesn't, There is a bit of smell on a cold start in the garage..

Deisel? No thank. I can't stand that smell. Vomit.gif

Or you could run it on recycled vegetable oil from McDonalds and enjoy the delicious smell of fries while you ski and board. Mmmmmm!

Only real downside is the noise from asmacking the wake with the alluminum hull... :wine:

Sure, if it's stripped of all the interior like a fishing boat. Having never seen an aluminum boat with much of an interior, I don't have a clue what it sounds like as it's smacking the wake.

I've wondered about an aluminum ski boat ... thinking they would be lighter than glass.

Anyone know what the weight of an "empty" fiberglass hull is? I wonder if there is much final weight difference between the boats after you add in the motor, mounting, ballast systems, seats, stereo, tower, etc.

Anyone know what the weight of an "empty" fiberglass hull is? I wonder if there is much final weight difference between the boats after you add in the motor, mounting, ballast systems, seats, stereo, tower, etc.

On the website it says weight projection is approx. 2/3 of fiberglass. They make it sound like total (rigged) weight, but don't specify for sure.

On the website it says weight projection is approx. 2/3 of fiberglass. They make it sound like total (rigged) weight, but don't specify for sure.

Sounds like it may be rigged, aircraft manufacturers are going to carbon fiber instead of alumimum for both strength, and weight, with strength being the primary reason. Someone else chimed in about the weight of the interior, motor ect. that will probably add up real fast.

martinarcher

Sounds like it may be rigged, aircraft manufacturers are going to carbon fiber instead of alumimum for both strength, and weight, with strength being the primary reason. Someone else chimed in about the weight of the interior, motor ect. that will probably add up real fast.

No doubt! That stuff is heavy!

Can't imagine surfing behind a diesel. But you know how it is....if you own one your not going to admit to it being an issue....at least not in public.

Edited by Ruffdog

Can't imagine surfing behind a diesel. But you know how it is....if you own one your not going to admit to it being an issue....at least not in public.

You could run the exhaust up a 6" stack.

You could run the exhaust up a 6" stack.

6" exhaust stacks run parallel to the tower legs. :rockon:

Could not get any more redneck than that. :no:

Where's that mullet smilie? :lol:

6" exhaust stacks run parallel to the tower legs. :rockon:

Could not get any more redneck than that. :no:

Where's that mullet smilie? :lol:

haha just imagine the smoke comming out of thoes. The rider and or pasengers may have to endure smoke in their faces but being the bad a** wakeboard boat that looks and sounds like a 18 wheeler going by may be worth it. All it needs now is an mac airhorn.