Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aluminum Wakeboard Boat

TEXWAKE

They usually leave most of it unpainted, but today's need for bling is leading to some of them being painted, airbrushed, etc. It leaves the old timer fishermen scratching their heads with all the bling on a fishing boat.

Bling?? I mean, how much more shinny than buffed-out aluminum does bling have to be? Keep it bare I say. No worrying about paint scratches. heh... This is gonna be interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• REW

• CumminsBu

• Lance B. Johnson

I don't know about the "ugly" comments. Personally I think it looks good, but it's all subjective. I'd be more worried about who I'm going to kill if i ran my boat into someone. Aluminum fork on front with points sharp enough to cleave an apple if tossed correctly. I think the side profile of that boat looks awesome.

I would be worried about "dents" and would be curious how much easier repair would be. Tear up some fiberglass I personally think it's a pretty workable material. Dented aluminum boat, cutting holes and patching? *shrug* I'd rather repair fiberglass but I will say gel coat is a PITA.

I don't know about the "ugly" comments. Personally I think it looks good, but it's all subjective. I'd be more worried about who I'm going to kill if i ran my boat into someone. Aluminum fork on front with points sharp enough to cleave an apple if tossed correctly. I think the side profile of that boat looks awesome.

I would be worried about "dents" and would be curious how much easier repair would be. Tear up some fiberglass I personally think it's a pretty workable material. Dented aluminum boat, cutting holes and patching? *shrug* I'd rather repair fiberglass but I will say gel coat is a PITA.

Cut, weld, grind, buff. Good as new.

Check this out. This company is comming out with a Aluminum Wakeboard boat. It will definately be more durable and light weight. Who ever buys the boat would have to put more weight in this than they did in their fiberglass boat haha.

http://pavatimarine.com/wakeboard_and_ski_boats/wakeboard_boats.html

No idea why they chose Tige to inspire their design. Everything from the hull to the tower scream Tige :vomit:

Sorry Diesels are my life I work on this:

Is that the Polar Sea?

I use to work on the "Rock Crushers" on The USCGC Rush.

Edited by stewart

Is that the Polar Sea?

I use to work on the "Rock Crushers" on The USCGC Rush.

My best friend was a Snipe on the Rush in the mid nineties. Yup, that's the Polar Sea.

Edited by Rechromed2

Check this out. This company is comming out with a Aluminum Wakeboard boat. It will definately be more durable and light weight. Who ever buys the boat would have to put more weight in this than they did in their fiberglass boat haha.

http://pavatimarine.com/wakeboard_and_ski_boats/wakeboard_boats.html

Interesting enough but one of the reasons I love Malibu boats is the fit and finish inside. Still isn't another boat on the market that comes close IMO and every aluminum boat interior I have ever seen hasn't thrilled me. Don't mind the diesel idea. Alot more hours per gallon. Always open to new concepts but it would need to be absolutely impeccable before I would even consider it. Sorta reminds me of Delorean and we all know where that ended up. Now if Malibu was building it as an option... :halloween:

Cut, weld, grind, buff. Good as new.

But we're talking about curved aluminum likely of a thick guage right? I mean if you dent a curved section of your hull and the aluminum is thick, you aren't just going to be grabbing any old sheet of aluminum and welding it to the hull, it would need to be pre-curved. I'm definitely not sold on aluminum fixes being cheaper / easier than fiberglass.

But we're talking about curved aluminum likely of a thick guage right? I mean if you dent a curved section of your hull and the aluminum is thick, you aren't just going to be grabbing any old sheet of aluminum and welding it to the hull, it would need to be pre-curved. I'm definitely not sold on aluminum fixes being cheaper / easier than fiberglass.

I don't know about repair costs but I'd bet the cost of either repair bill that you probably have bigger issues if your hitting something hard enough to dent that heavy gauge aluminum!

Edited by Rechromed2