Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Message Center

buckeyeryan

I have a 2002 Response that came with the Malibu Message Center. I cannot scroll through the menu and most of the time the screen is not even readable. I think it's been exposed to too much moisture through the years. Does anyone know where I can either 1) Get a new one, or 2) get it repaired or serviced. I am not sure if it's a Malibu made product or not. I think it actually says "by Mastercraft" on the screen when first turned on. Any help would be great!

Those things are pretty much toast, I know a member on here found a NOS somewhere (maybe through Bakes) but it costs more than I think its worth (YMMV)

Easiest (and cheapest) route is to replace the gauge with a standard multigauge so you recover engine vital data, oil pressure, engine temp, fuel level, and system volts. That will be plug and play. Stinks that those are not supported anymore but I think I've seen more broken ones than working ones over the years.

-Chris

I actually already have one of the multi-gauges installed and it works properly. It has the fuel level, oil pressure, voltage, and engine temperature. In the middle is the tachometer and the gauge on the right is the message center. I can set the speed and read the rpm's on the message center but it's almost like the up and down arrows just quit working. I was looking in the manual and I would like to replace it or get it fixed because there is alot of information I would like to see like the depth and water temperature, things like that.

Ryan

Those things are pretty much toast, I know a member on here found a NOS somewhere (maybe through Bakes) but it costs more than I think its worth (YMMV)

Easiest (and cheapest) route is to replace the gauge with a standard multigauge so you recover engine vital data, oil pressure, engine temp, fuel level, and system volts. That will be plug and play. Stinks that those are not supported anymore but I think I've seen more broken ones than working ones over the years.

-Chris

Ok I called the Malibu factory and they said the part is still available. It is called an Mscan gauge malibu part #3711015 and it's $936.10! Not sure if I want to pay that much for a new one though. That's pricey.

• 1 year later...

Buckeyeryan....

I have the same problem with my 2001 or 2002 25' Sunscape and got a quote on the gauge $815. Thats way pricey for me. But I need to know my vitals. My left gauge is MPH with the center gauge being the screwed up one and the right gauge RPM & Hrs.

What did you end up doing about your gauge?

If possible and cheap could I just pull the LED gauge out and replace with the multi read gauge that has all the vitals. I think this gauge was a lower option.