Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pink haze on deck after removing cover

Hey all,

I have an 07 VLX and started covering it when leaving the lake for several weeks at a time on a covered lift. I noticed when uncovering it there is a pink hazy color on the center stitching and deck in the rear towards the back of the engine compartments on the vinyl. After an hour or so in the sun, the pink haze is gone. The rear of the boat does get sun for good part of the day. The cover is the standard Malibu cover. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ken

Hey all,

I have an 07 VLX and started covering it when leaving the lake for several weeks at a time on a covered lift. I noticed when uncovering it there is a pink hazy color on the center stitching and deck in the rear towards the back of the engine compartments on the vinyl. After an hour or so in the sun, the pink haze is gone. The rear of the boat does get sun for good part of the day. The cover is the standard Malibu cover. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ken

That is mold. Sounds like moisture is getting trapped under your cover and causing mold. Is the cover touching all of the rear sunpad when installed. If it is try to extend your rear ski pylon, this will give it a little space to breath. Also try to let the boat dry out before putting the cover on, it helps to leave the rear hatches open. I've had this same issue before and the pink mold cleaned right off. Try to put some vinyl cleaner on them and use a soft scrub brush.

Makes sense...I did not keep the hatches open after use and didn't think to extend pylon...will do that next time.

Appreciate the reply!!!!

No problem, I remember being pretty concerned when I first saw it as well. Now I make sure I leave the rear lockers open to dry out. Seems to let all the water exit the rear locker hatches and dries them out. Haven't had the issue since.