Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

last trip of the season?

shawndoggy

I'll be riding till November for sure. Still trunkin it around here, no heater needed.

My problem is that we'll be getting hard freezes in a week or two, so I need to winterize. Storage is offsite, so it's not quite as easy as backing into my garage and draining the block. Looks like next sat may be a go tho.

My problem is that we'll be getting hard freezes in a week or two, so I need to winterize. Storage is offsite, so it's not quite as easy as backing into my garage and draining the block. Looks like next sat may be a go tho.

Seriously? Wow that sucks.

Rockon.gif Nice!

I'm hoping to get into November this year. The ice will be on the lake in Dec. Cry.gif

I'm right there with ya! My brother got access to his own dry suit so I plan on riding until early November this year. There is a lake an hour away that doesn't fluctuate or get debris. As long as it's not raining and I'm not working were going to try and ride.

I'll be riding till November for sure. Still trunkin it around here, no heater needed.

We are still trunkin it here as well (mid 60's water), but the bad news is the night time lows will be in the 30's late this week. I just worry about the hard freezes coming before Nov. The block will be getting drained between outings before long.

Same here. Saturday it was 80 degree air & 64 degree water. Paddled 4.5 miles in just shorts in the morning. Then SkySkied later in the afternoon in shorts & a rash guard.

Ran into one guy out there who already had his drysuit out though. :Doh:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Same here. Saturday it was 80 degree air & 64 degree water. Paddled 4.5 miles in just shorts in the morning. Then SkySkied later in the afternoon in shorts & a rash guard.

Can't argue w/ that, at least he's still out there plus it was 100 yesterday and 74-78 degree water..spring top oh ya.

Say what! Did you pull him over and confiscate his man card?

My last "trip" of the year will be mid to late December. :yes::biggrin:

Followed by the "first" trip of the year in early to mid January?

I can't live anywhere I could not ski year round. I tried for a few years and went stir crazy.

My last "trip" of the year will be mid to late December. :yes::biggrin:
Followed by the "first" trip of the year in early to mid January?

January 1st actually. Every year. :yes:

01/01/10 it was raining and we went anyway. :Doh:

Rain hurts when it hits you in the eyeballs. :crazy:

Grab Malibudude's while you're at it... 100° air temp and mid-70's water and he's wearing neoprene. :baby:

:lol::Tease3:

More about the ritual of getting ready and being consistent than the cold water itself...

January 1st actually. Every year. :yes:

01/01/10 it was raining and we went anyway. :Doh:

Rain hurts when it hits you in the eyeballs. :crazy:

Hey ding dong wear eye protection... :tease2: That's what I did last weekend when it rained a bit...

Say what! Did you pull him over and confiscate his man card?

Damn skippy!!

I can't live anywhere I could not ski year round. I tried for a few years and went stir crazy.

We skied year round for like 14 yrs when I lived in Seattle. Just depends on how valid your man card is as to how tolerant your going to be when it gets a little cooler.

Damn skippy!!

We skied year round for like 14 yrs when I lived in Seattle. Just depends on how valid your man card is as to how tolerant your going to be when it gets a little cooler.

Nice. I like that! Rockon.gif