Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaking of Heaters

FlatH20

I know I've seen this topic before - but can't seem to put my finger on it.

went out yesterday and one of the kids elected to trunk it - fired up the heater only to find that the extendable hose had a nice slash in the side...

so does anyone have any good replacement information? should I go to heatercraft or is there a simple DIY fix out there

thanks in advance- sorry if I missed something obvious in my search

FlatH2O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Good Morning -

I looking for help on the best way to access the heater. I purchased my 2005 LSV WakeSetter and the heater core was bad. I'm planning on fixing it this winter while in storage. I attempted to stick my big head under the dash where I thought it would be located, but it has a large sub by my feet.

What is the best way to access the heating core?

Any tips? I will probably order a new one from Bakes once I identify the version I need.

Thanks

Thanks for your responses?

Good Morning -

I looking for help on the best way to access the heater. I purchased my 2005 LSV WakeSetter and the heater core was bad. I'm planning on fixing it this winter while in storage. I attempted to stick my big head under the dash where I thought it would be located, but it has a large sub by my feet.

What is the best way to access the heating core?

Any tips? I will probably order a new one from Bakes once I identify the version I need.

Thanks

Thanks for your responses?

I've replaced a couple of cores with one I picked up at Napa for under $30. I wish I could remember what model it was. But we basically removed the core & took it in to cross reference it with cores they had on the shelf. As I recall it was like an 80s Ford Mustang core.

As for getting it out, your going to have to remove the sub, then pull the heater out. You may find that the leaking water has damaged your sub box (depending on what it's made of). Once you have the heater out, you should be able to open it up & get the core out of the box.

Good luck.

I bought replacement hose at a local HVAC business . Much cheaper and got about 50 foot that I can cut to any lengths I need. My hot tube now will reach all the way to the sunpad.

Amen to that!! Do yourself a favor & make that hose long enough to reach further back. Your passengers will appreciate it!!

I've replaced a couple of cores with one I picked up at Napa for under $30. I wish I could remember what model it was. But we basically removed the core & took it in to cross reference it with cores they had on the shelf. As I recall it was like an 80s Ford Mustang core.

As for getting it out, your going to have to remove the sub, then pull the heater out. You may find that the leaking water has damaged your sub box (depending on what it's made of). Once you have the heater out, you should be able to open it up & get the core out of the box.

Good luck.

I wasn't able to find a core that would fit in that box right so I took mine to a radiator repair shop and they welded the old end tanks onto new radiator stock for like $80 I think...just as another option if you can't find a core that fits.