Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sloppy rudder

bjkesler

I HAVE A 98 RESPONSE, AND THE RUDDER IS QUITE LOOSE AND YOU CAN FEEL IT IN THE STEERING WHEN PULLING A SKIER THROUGH THE SLALOM COARSE. i PUMPED IN SOME MORE GREASE AND IT WAS REAL TIGHT UNTIL I RAN IT FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN IT WAS A LITTLE LOOSE AGAIN. iS THER A BUSHING IN THERE THAT CAN BE REPLACED OR WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS? tHIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN TALKED ABOUT BEFORE BUT I COULDNT FIND IT

I HAVE A 98 RESPONSE, AND THE RUDDER IS QUITE LOOSE AND YOU CAN FEEL IT IN THE STEERING WHEN PULLING A SKIER THROUGH THE SLALOM COARSE. i PUMPED IN SOME MORE GREASE AND IT WAS REAL TIGHT UNTIL I RAN IT FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN IT WAS A LITTLE LOOSE AGAIN. iS THER A BUSHING IN THERE THAT CAN BE REPLACED OR WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS? tHIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN TALKED ABOUT BEFORE BUT I COULDNT FIND IT

Be sure to ck the arm and bolt connecting to the cable. It can easily get worn and cause play!

Be sure to ck the arm and bolt connecting to the cable. It can easily get worn and cause play!

Is there an echo in here? :Doh:

I've seen a couple different configurations in different boats so not sure exactly which set-up you have but make sure that the pinch collar that holds the rudder from dropping out the bottom is tight as well. Also make sure you use waterproof grease.

Yes, there is a repair or bushing replacement kit for most rudders. SkiDim carries them.

I looked in the skidim catalog and they only carry one for the rudder brand they sell and its different than malibus. I will call the dealer tomorrow and see if there is a kit for this rudder. thanks