Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOLY S**T

KRMartin123

i know. seems i always feel the need to validate myself. guess mommy and daddy didn't love me enough as a kid or something.

after a long time on ebay, it is hard to not get frustrated with people trying to take shots at you all the time and threatening you with feedback extortion and the like. same thing with real estate as buying cars. jesus christ himself will lie, cheat or steal when buying a home or car.

congrats on the score tho. sorry to hijack the thread.

Wow that's real nice. There's about 100 better ways you could have phrased that. That's as disrespectful as it gets. Please be a little more considerate.

Nice find on the tower OP. What kind of Titan do you currently have? You sure you want to take it off? Biggrin.gif

Edited by martinarcher
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KRMartin123

• stroker-ace

• shawndoggy

• nevertwobig

Wow that's real nice. There's about 100 better ways you could have phrased that. That's as disrespectful as it gets. Please be a little more considerate.

Nice find on the tower OP. What kind of Titan do you currently have? You sure you want to take it off? Biggrin.gif

Yeah I'm looking to go with the newer look... :thumbup: and it's the Titan Series 1 w/ Bimini

I just purchased the same tower from H20 watersports for 1200 shipped. So you for sure got a cheaper price. I will tell you that I recieved alot of wrong bolts(to long for application). bends are off on top tube(minor but still) Very little room to run wires though mounts for speakers/lights. Holes arenot drilled though 2 of the light journals. Heims are crap at best(need to be replaced asap). Their instructions are incorrect on website. Does not come with any instructions with tower. H20 watersports was quick with shipping and tried to send correct bolts(but sent same ones it came with. I ended up purchasing bolts local. I have not got to use tower yet as I am still working on the wiring for speakers/lights. I like they way they look, but not so happy with some quality issues.

freeride.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the look of the tower, and I really like the strength & durability that Titans usually give us. So I'm at a bit of a loss as to why KR is doing this "upgrade" in the first place. At best is seems to be cosmetic. And based on the quality issues Tjay just spelled out, I'd be rethinking this plan.

I've installed several aftermarket towers on my own boat & friend's boats over the years. And 2 things I have learned. Whenever possible, use the largest backing plates possible. And always mount to the top side of the gunnels.

The issue is that when mounting a tower on a boat where it was never designed (or reinforced) to go, the gelcoat can (and will) crack. The backing plates help for forces pulling upward on the tower (front mounts). And creating a top plate would help with downward forces (rear mounts). Top plates could be made out of fiberglass, carbon fiber, billet, etc. and would look cool, as well as adding a ton of strength to the gunnels. Bonding these top & bottom plates to the fiberglass will make it exponentially stronger too.

The mounts being on the side can be an issue whenever your tied up to a dock or another boat. Hitting those mounts when the boat rocks back & forth on anything sucks on both sides.

Good luck with these installs guys. :crazy:

Well I hope the new tower is strong. I can guarantee your Titan I will be stronger and more solid than the new tower just based on the mounting location of the feet. Like Bill said, be sure to use large backing plates on a tower of that style to distribute forces over a larger surface area. I know Titan's quality is Rockon.gif

It is a neat looking tower. Anyone else have one that has put it through it's paces? I'd be curious to hear how solid it is.

Cool deal... Nice Tower. I had looked at one before I found the Illusion.

I had the same thing happen on Ebay (Plasma Cutter), Dude told me he was legally blind and screwed up. I told him that I was posting neg. feedback if he didn't follow through. He took care of it. I also suggested that someone proof read his auctions before he posts them in the future. Whistling.gif

thats just nasty man....hope u never make a mistake.................

have to be honest if I found myself in that position I would let the guy out of the deal........

atleast it is easy for me to say that.......Innocent.gif

Yeah I'm looking to go with the newer look... :thumbup: and it's the Titan Series 1 w/ Bimini

You're pulling a Titan tower off your boat and replacing it with a rattle-trap universal tower???? LOL!! What are you thinking???

I had a Titan 2 on my last boat, and wish all towers were that solid and easy to use.... My G3 comes pretty close in being as solid as the Titan, but the Titan was easier to fold....

None of those cheap universal towers will ever be anywhere near as good as a Titan....

You're pulling a Titan tower off your boat and replacing it with a rattle-trap universal tower???? LOL!! What are you thinking???

None of those cheap universal towers will ever be anywhere near as good as a Titan....

:help::woot::yes::Doh::whistle::salute::plus1:

Man, KRM is getting flamed from every direction. :shocked:

We need an emoticon of a little smilie running and putting on a flame suit. :lol::thumbup:

KRM - You might want to keep your Titan until after you have mounted and ridden with your new tower to make sure that you are happy with it's performance. With the deal you got you could easily get your money back out of the new one if you weren't satisfied. Wait on having the old mounting holes filled and re-gelled as well.

We need an emoticon of a little smilie running and putting on a flame suit. :lol::thumbup:

KRM - You might want to keep your Titan until after you have mounted and ridden with your new tower to make sure that you are happy with it's performance. With the deal you got you could easily get your money back out of the new one if you weren't satisfied. Wait on having the old mounting holes filled and re-gelled as well.

I have had a Titan and have a different brand tower on my new boat. Needless to say there is another Titan on the way. I think NorCal has some sound advice there. Make sure the new one is as good as the Titan before selling or filling in the old holes.

I just purchased off of ebay a new tower for my sunsetter the tower originally cost through onlyinboards and many other companies $1699.99 w/ racks costing 400 per rack with swivel.

I just got the Freeride tower with swivel racks for $767.32 SHIPPED!!! :yahoo:

No matter what else is said you got a good deal on a pretty cool looking tower. As a salesman he has to sound angry that you "took" him on eBay but the actuality is that you probably are getting one with a very, very minor blemish or one that they have had in the shop for a while so they put it on eBay at their bottom dollar opening bid and you won it at a good price. People that are in love with the Titan will always be in love with them. They are super strong and super functional, but let's face it, your new tower will give your boat a fresh look and a more modern feel. I have an Illusion X and it is already out-dated with the XS and the G3 out. That is what eBay is all about. Congratulations! Enjoy your new tower.

Great advice.....exactly what I would do.

1. Man, KRM is getting flamed from every direction. :shocked:

2. We need an emoticon of a little smilie running and putting on a flame suit. :lol::thumbup:

3. KRM - You might want to keep your Titan until after you have mounted and ridden with your new tower to make sure that you are happy with it's performance. With the deal you got you could easily get your money back out of the new one if you weren't satisfied. Wait on having the old mounting holes filled and re-gelled as well.

1. Tough crowd, and everyone has an opinion. :innocent:

2. I'll work on that. :biggrin:

3. Sure...if you have the time and money to spare...why not? :whistle: