Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOLY S**T

KRMartin123

ya, seems like hommie wasn't paying attention to his auction. but like i said, if i was him, i would refuse the sale, take the neg, plea my case in feedback, relist the item, block the previous winning bidder from bidding again (running the price up then not paying) and move on. its not the end of the world. people seem to think the feds are gonna come after them if they dont play by the rules, so to speak.

On a big ticket item I'm pretty sure a winning bidder could (rightfully) sue....

And the seller in the OP could just has easily have priced it low to generate interest. I know I've often done better with items listed to start at $1 than items I priced near my hoped-for sales price.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KRMartin123

• stroker-ace

• shawndoggy

• nevertwobig

ya. i know a thing or 2 about ebay.

My link

it just strikes me as odd when otherwise honest people take advantage of others. sorry to come across as harsh. just my first reaction since my career depends on not making those kinds of mistakes.

Didn't know that was you....Looked at a few trucks you had listed back in 2008 when I was shopping for my truck. You have had some nice trucks pass through there. Seems I distinctly remember a silver dodge 2500 diesel streeter that had my eye for a while. Found a awosome deal on a local Mega cab gasser that I cound't pass up.

Small world.

On a big ticket item I'm pretty sure a winning bidder could (rightfully) sue....

And the seller in the OP could just has easily have priced it low to generate interest. I know I've often done better with items listed to start at $1 than items I priced near my hoped-for sales price.

ya, but we aren't talking about cars. who is gonna sue over a wake tower? that is what I was referring to. lawsuits are just part of the car biz. you get used to the threats.

BTW, I dont see the auction in question...My link

Precisely!!, and also the seller cannot end the listing within an hour or sale time I don't believe, just like you can't withdraw your bid within an hour of auction close.

ya, but we aren't talking about cars. who is gonna sue over a wake tower? that is what I was referring to. lawsuits are just part of the car biz. you get used to the threats.

Try omitting "aerial"... it's there http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=freeride+tower&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=aerial+freeride&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Didn't know that was you....Looked at a few trucks you had listed back in 2008 when I was shopping for my truck. You have had some nice trucks pass through there. Seems I distinctly remember a silver dodge 2500 diesel streeter that had my eye for a while. Found a awosome deal on a local Mega cab gasser that I cound't pass up.

Small world.

ya, we have have some nice trucks, but we have some turds too. i wont lie to ya. they can't all be diamonds when you are trying to keep 200 on the lot.

funny. I currently drive a silver 2500 streeter that we took on trade here. it looks different now.

70ufm0.jpg

and...... This is what makes everything so f-ed up is sellers with this mentality because of that fact that EBAY DOES MAKE YOU REVISE YOUR listing before posting who can't see a 10,000 dollar mistake? Really is a s***ty seller base... :lame::bash:

ya, we suck. thank god you are getting even with one of us.

the $10k mistake was hypothetical. I have never done that.

this guy has 250 items online, he made a mistake. if it were betwen losing my job and telling you to get bent, i would opt for the latter.

in my opinion, it is the buyers looking to take advantage that make ebay f-ed up. we are all in the same boat and ebay makes money either way. they could not care less.

i am not trying to be hostile, just giving the opposite perspective.

...and with that, i am going to go home and forget about ebay till tomorrow. you guys have fun.

Edited by stroker-ace

Oh no he's pissed about it but it's like a company and he actually already contacted me about the mistake and is still going to process it ha!

I think people forget it's an auction. Sometimes you get more than you thought, sometimes less. He just needs to deal with it and ship it.

no, the problem is that KR is taking advantage of another person's mistake and misfortune and gloating about it. forget about business, that is just morally wrong. go ahead and take advantage, but dont start a thread called HOLY SH*T and brag about how you took someone for $800.

no, the problem is that KR is taking advantage of another person's mistake and misfortune and gloating about it. forget about business, that is just morally wrong. go ahead and take advantage, but dont start a thread called HOLY SH*T and brag about how you took someone for $800.

Exactly!

I try to live my life by the phrase: What goes around comes around.

the crazy thing is, as a seller, you can no longer leave anything but positive feedback. you cant leave a negative PERIOD. no matter what happens. that is how it is on ebaymotors (dunno about ebay proper) and it is a screwed up rule to say the least. but what does a buyer have to lose by getting a neg? nothing. the seller has his business to lose.

I buy more stuff than I sell on ebay. But, ebay proper has the same rule. Seller cannot leave a negative at all.

I think it sucks.

I just sold something on ebay 30 mins. ago.

I just picked up a damaged motorcycle engine I bought on ebay and will be contacting the seller to see how he wants to handle this damage that happened during shipping. He didn't pack it well but, UPS didn't use kid gloves either. Bottom line is, I'm gonna talk to the guy and see what we can work out before I leave any neg. feedback or, start an ebay case for "item significantly not as described".

I just got a good deal plain and simple whether it was a mistake or not if you don't wanna hear about the deal then don't read this thread... :whistle:

I just got a good deal plain and simple whether it was a mistake or not if you don't wanna hear about the deal then don't read this thread... :whistle:

Your screwing someone and then bragging about it. If you don't want to be called out on it then don't post it.

Your screwing someone and then bragging about it. If you don't want to be called out on it then don't post it.

My Bad.. I forgot it's my fault he messed up hmm what an a** of me I shoulda never bid on it because I knew I was screwing him?

I say KR got a lucky deal. Yes the seller may have made a mistake but, why shouldn't KR get it for the price he won it for? I see ebay sellers who typically list expensive stuff with high starting bids will once in a while start something with a really low starting bid just to generate interest or move a unit (I guess).

If the seller is so bent out of shape about having to sell it at that price then, he really doesn't have to.

I say KR got a lucky deal. Yes the seller may have made a mistake but, why shouldn't KR get it for the price he won it for? I see ebay sellers who typically list expensive stuff with high starting bids will once in a while start something with a really low starting bid just to generate interest or move a unit (I guess).

If the seller is so bent out of shape about having to sell it at that price then, he really doesn't have to.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

ya, we have have some nice trucks, but we have some turds too. i wont lie to ya. they can't all be diamonds when you are trying to keep 200 on the lot.

funny. I currently drive a silver 2500 streeter that we took on trade here. it looks different now.

70ufm0.jpg

That's the one! That is a sweet ride! If it was mega cab I'd be all over that...I love my MC.

I have to agreed. I posted my opinion earlier and, hey, I am going to post it again! That is the great thing about the internet! eBay is what it is, if you are not willing to play by the rules, then go somewhere else to sell your wares. If you mess up and price something too low, that sucks, but it isn't someone elses fault and you are offering to sell it for that price.

My Bad.. I forgot it's my fault he messed up hmm what an a** of me I shoulda never bid on it because I knew I was screwing him?

Kyle,

You got a great deal and it's his fault that he screwed up, if you didn't take it someone else would. Why should you feel bad about getting a great deal because he can't get his pricing right. If you got in a bidding war and paid $800 more then you should have, do you think he would give you a reduced price......hell no. Get your tower mounted on your boat and don't look back!!

Terry

Kyle,

You got a great deal and it's his fault that he screwed up, if you didn't take it someone else would. Why should you feel bad about getting a great deal because he can't get his pricing right. If you got in a bidding war and paid $800 more then you should have, do you think he would give you a reduced price......hell no. Get your tower mounted on your boat and don't look back!!

Terry

I don't feel bad at all about it once I get it mounted and the boat resto'd I'm going to post some pics I'm changing the whole boat it's being redone as we speak :thumbup:

N thanks again Terry for that platform that is also being put on as well :yahoo: