Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOLY S**T

KRMartin123

I just purchased off of ebay a new tower for my sunsetter the tower originally cost through onlyinboards and many other companies $1699.99 w/ racks costing 400 per rack with swivel.

I just got the Freeride tower with swivel racks for $767.32 SHIPPED!!! :yahoo:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KRMartin123

• stroker-ace

• shawndoggy

• nevertwobig

send some pics to me when you get it installed please

Will do here's a pic of just what the tower looks like it's kind of like the Illusion but not quite that caliber I'm thinking :(

aerial-wakeboarding-freeride-tower2.jpg

sharp looking tower! I have a 97 sunsetter and planning on a tower, how did you get such a good deal? I looked and they want $1400 for it

Edited by nevertwobig

sharp looking tower! I have a 97 sunsetter and planning on a tower, how did you get such a good deal? I looked and they want $1400 for it

Make me an offer on my Titan tower it's in really nice shape! and funny you should ask how I got such a good deal haha, The company that I bought it from mislisted it on ebay instead of $1500 starting bid they screwed up and put 500 starting bid so I just bid cuz it had no reserve it was all in all an amazing deal and sux for the guy I bought it from. :yahoo:

Those mistakes tend not to ever get shipped. Good luck, I hope he's more honest than willing to accept 1 negative feedback.

Oh no he's pissed about it but it's like a company and he actually already contacted me about the mistake and is still going to process it ha!

Cool deal... Nice Tower. I had looked at one before I found the Illusion.

I had the same thing happen on Ebay (Plasma Cutter), Dude told me he was legally blind and screwed up. I told him that I was posting neg. feedback if he didn't follow through. He took care of it. I also suggested that someone proof read his auctions before he posts them in the future. :whistle:

what are you looking to get out of the tower?

Make me a fair offer and I will accept I really don't know how much I should be asking with all the stuff on it?

ya. i know a thing or 2 about ebay.

My link

it just strikes me as odd when otherwise honest people take advantage of others. sorry to come across as harsh. just my first reaction since my career depends on not making those kinds of mistakes.

My link

it just strikes me as odd when otherwise honest people take advantage of others. sorry to come across as harsh. just my first reaction since my career depends on not making those kinds of mistakes.

ya. never said you didn't.

i know. seems i always feel the need to validate myself. guess mommy and daddy didn't love me enough as a kid or something.

after a long time on ebay, it is hard to not get frustrated with people trying to take shots at you all the time and threatening you with feedback extortion and the like. same thing with real estate as buying cars. jesus christ himself will lie, cheat or steal when buying a home or car.

congrats on the score tho. sorry to hijack the thread.

i know. seems i always feel the need to validate myself. guess mommy and daddy didn't love me enough as a kid or something.

after a long time on ebay, it is hard to not get frustrated with people trying to take shots at you all the time and threatening you with feedback extortion and the like. same thing with real estate as buying cars. jesus christ himself will lie, cheat or steal when buying a home or car.

congrats on the score tho. sorry to hijack the thread.

As a seller on e-bay what kind of recoarse does a seller have in a situation like this?

My link

If it makes you feel any better I've sold over 1500 items on ebay (100% feedback, part of that is taking care of customers even in error). I've made the same mistake.

As a seller on e-bay what kind of recoarse does a seller have in a situation like this?

eh, it is different with cars cuz you have an actual ebay rep you can call. they will let you get away with typos and human error. like if i accidentally hit $20k instead of $30k, it is an obvious mistake and your ebay rep would be on your side. they can block and remove negatives.

a buyer can leave a negative, you can respond beneath the negative, but the buyer can respond back and gets the last word. if you can prove the the buyer has lied, threatened or used profane or indecent language, ebay will pull the negative.

most people are reasonable when shopping ebay for cars and if you have one neg, they figure there is one a****** in every bunch and will give you the benefit of the doubt. so you can just take the neg. in this case, i would take the neg over losing $800 and explain my case in feedback. people would believe the seller's story in this case (if he states a good case, that is). if the buyer responds and says those are not the facts and you can prove he has lied, then ebay will pull the neg.

the crazy thing is, as a seller, you can no longer leave anything but positive feedback. you cant leave a negative PERIOD. no matter what happens. that is how it is on ebaymotors (dunno about ebay proper) and it is a screwed up rule to say the least. but what does a buyer have to lose by getting a neg? nothing. the seller has his business to lose.

at the end of the day, 99% of the rules lean in the buyer's favor, but there are ways around it. however there is a 60 day time limit on any feedback change. after that, it is stuck for good. so, as a car dealer, that means we essentially have to give a 60 day warranty on everything we sell. fun fun.

as a seller, ebay owns you and when they want to change the rules they will (and do) and there is not a damned thing you can do about it.

there is a whole lot of other stuff that is situation specific, but i cant think of them all right now.

Edited by stroker-ace

well that's the thing... it sounds like it was a live auction and the seller just put his starting price lower than intended. Before the sale is complete, the seller can end the auction even if there are already bids and it's no harm no foul (and no bad feedback possible). So if the seller lists at 500 by accident and then sees that the bids are at $623.55, he can end the auction right then and there.

There was plenty of time for this "mistake" to come to light and be corrected.

well that's the thing... it sounds like it was a live auction and the seller just put his starting price lower than intended. Before the sale is complete, the seller can end the auction even if there are already bids and it's no harm no foul (and no bad feedback possible). So if the seller lists at 500 by accident and then sees that the bids are at $623.55, he can end the auction right then and there.

There was plenty of time for this "mistake" to come to light and be corrected.

ya, seems like hommie wasn't paying attention to his auction. but like i said, if i was him, i would refuse the sale, take the neg, plea my case in feedback, relist the item, block the previous winning bidder from bidding again (running the price up then not paying) and move on. its not the end of the world. people seem to think the feds are gonna come after them if they dont play by the rules, so to speak.