Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need some info on heaters

khelfrich

looking for some info and pictures if possible on how malibu put the heaters in. I have one that im going to put in my boat but havent decided on where to put it and wanted to see how the factory did it, specifically how and where the heater unit was mounted, and also where did they locate the vents, i have a 2008 wakesetter 247 any help is appericated

thanks

Ken

Their usually installed under the drivers side dash, in front of the subwoofer. Which is kind of a PITA to get to if you ever have to do any work on it.

I installed a big 5 vent heater under the passenger side dash of my MC a few years ago. No issues doing it this way & was easier to access.

I think when I ever do another one, I won't bother with the standard vents & do all hot tubes whenever possible. They are way more versatile & there never seems to be enough for everyone.

Also, check out some boat blankets to go with the heater. I use them way more than the heater. :rockon:

And last, think about how your going to drain the core when you winterize. Make sure the heater lines are on the bottom side of the core so it drains easily. There is a How-To in the DIY section of this site on how you can install garden hose quick release fittings in the hoses. I installed Prestone Flush Ts in the heater lines down in the bilge compartment. I just pull the caps & the water drains in seconds.