Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hours on a engine

footndale

ya, I am the dumbass...

2 years technical editor for national auto mag. 3 articles a week (do the math). technical editor means i wrote only about the technical aspects of racecars

4 years running a national ENGINE distributor

6 years dealing cars/trucks

ya, I know nothing about ENGINES :rolleyes:

and just for the record..06vlx..eat shyte. you have had that coming for a long time smartass...always pissing in the cheerios. yes, it costs $50k for 8 years in a top 3 nationally acreddited journalism school. but that has nothing to do with "supermajor" oil companies, now does it? so you can speak on petrolium and drilling all yopu want. engines are my domain.

Let me ask you guys something. do you have an engine or a motor in you boat? that is the only point I was trying to make and you guys have made a mockery of this guy's post. good work.

Man you must be drunk again, you lost your sense of humor.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• stroker-ace

• martinarcher

• Ndawg12

ya, I am the dumbass...

2 years technical editor for national auto mag. 3 articles a week (do the math). technical editor means i wrote only about the technical aspects of racecars

4 years running a national ENGINE distributor

6 years dealing cars/trucks

ya, I know nothing about ENGINES :rolleyes:

and just for the record..06vlx..eat shyte. you have had that coming for a long time smartass...always pissing in the cheerios. yes, it costs $50k for 8 years in a top 3 nationally acreddited journalism school. but that has nothing to do with "supermajor" oil companies, now does it? so you can speak on petrolium and drilling all yopu want. engines are my domain.

Let me ask you guys something. do you have an engine or a motor in you boat? that is the only point I was trying to make and you guys have made a mockery of this guy's post. good work.

Wow, I agree with you, engines power our boats, motors fill our ballast tanks. Don't let 06 get to yuh, I've had my run-ins with him as well, but ultimately he means no harm. He's kinda like a rash that there's no ointment for and it flames up from time to time, we're stuck with him :Tease3::cheers:

Wow, I agree with you, engines power our boats, motors fill our ballast tanks. Don't let 06 get to yuh, I've had my run-ins with him as well, but ultimately he means no harm. He's kinda like a rash that there's no ointment for and it flames up from time to time, we're stuck with him :Tease3::cheers:

Hahahaha that's great, the more you scratch the worse it gets :lol: .

Edited by 06vlx

google search knows all.

no VLX, you would react the same way and you know it.

if you had any idea the day i had today, this is the last thing I wanted to see. all the people i talkk to on here all the time busting my chops...when i am RIGHT. annoying.

engine and motor are interchangable in slang terms. that is all you guys are talking about. technically, an engine and a motor are all the things I have said them to be. i have spent the majority of my life studying it. i am not a total idiot.

my first boat? sure. my first engine/motor debate? not by a long shot. my first internet mud-slinging?...since 1998.

now I am done for the night. hope you guys had fun.

HEhe, well there went the neighborhood. :crazy: It's all in fun, Stroker.

You gotta admit, the definitions are really close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

"An engine (or motor) is a machine designed to convert energy into useful mechanical motion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor

"Motor is a device that creates motion. It usually refers to an engine of some kind."

google search knows all.

no VLX, you would react the same way and you know it.

if you had any idea the day i had today, this is the last thing I wanted to see. all the people i talkk to on here all the time busting my chops...when i am RIGHT. annoying.

engine and motor are interchangable in slang terms. that is all you guys are talking about. technically, an engine and a motor are all the things I have said them to be. i have spent the majority of my life studying it. i am not a total idiot.

my first boat? sure. my first engine/motor debate? not by a long shot. my first internet mud-slinging?...since 1998.

now I am done for the night. hope you guys had fun.

So are you sure you didn't take it the wrong way then? It was all joking and I don't recall anyone questioning your engine/motor knowledge.

I just got called a rash, didn't really bother me, should it have?

Edited by 06vlx

So are you sure you didn't take it the wrong way then? It was all joking and I don't recall anyone questioning your engine/motor knowledge.

I just got called a rash, didn't really bother me, should it have?

:rofl: good stuff :thumbup:

Like I said, I agree with the Stroker, I don't care what online dictionary you look it up in, to me a motor is small(er) usually electrically powered, and an engine is a throaty, stump pullin' V8. There should be no in-between :biggrin: Don't go nowhere Stroker, who else is going to tell us stories about getting "caught" in an alley and pulling off the "trifecta" with triple sisters? :thumbup: Plus I might need another carfax report some time soon :biggrin:

BTW: I always wondered, what are you the ace of stroking? (I probably should have waited till tomorrow for that one :unsure: )

Edited by Ndawg12

I aint going anywhere.

You ever have one of those days where you take heat from 10 angles? Just a bad day.

06, nobody ever knows if you are serious, Mysterio. The only ones that think you are funny are the ones out of your firing range.

And think, all this guy wanted to know was average season hours. I corrected his grammer and look what happens. It is juvenile, frankly.

I aint going anywhere.

You ever have one of those days where you take heat from 10 angles? Just a bad day.

06, nobody ever knows if you are serious, Mysterio. The only ones that think you are funny are the ones out of your firing range.

And think, all this guy wanted to know was average season hours. I corrected his grammer and look what happens. It is juvenile, frankly.

I'll try to make better use of my emoticons for you :biggrin: , maybe that will help the situation.

I think everyone has had days like that.

I gave you rep points for a few of your posts, maybe that will brighten your day :unsure::biggrin: Lance Armstrong is against emoticons but..........nevermind, that's inappropriate.

Back on topic, my Kicker KMT6's tower speakers have (4) 6.5's in them and they rock...while surfing :crazy:

I gave you rep points for a few of your posts, maybe that will brighten your day :unsure::biggrin: Lance Armstrong is against emoticons but..........nevermind, that's inappropriate.

Back on topic, my Kicker KMT6's tower speakers have (4) 6.5's in them and they rock...while surfing :crazy:

:Doh: This is an engine hours thread. LOL.gif

:rofl: good stuff :thumbup:

Like I said, I agree with the Stroker, I don't care what online dictionary you look it up in, to me a motor is small(er) usually electrically powered, and an engine is a throaty, stump pullin' V8. There should be no in-between :biggrin: Don't go nowhere Stroker, who else is going to tell us stories about getting "caught" in an alley and pulling off the "trifecta" with triple sisters? :thumbup: Plus I might need another carfax report some time soon :biggrin:

BTW: I always wondered, what are you the ace of stroking? (I probably should have waited till tomorrow for that one :unsure: )

Wow! I must have missed a good story somewhere!

I just ran out of tupperware containers for lunch, can I borrow your kickers? :whistle:

Ha ha, I've got 1 more outing with them this year then you can borrow them till March :crazy:

It's his lame attempt to stir it up that's all.

I seriously lost track of the threads, you're on fire today :whistle: If anything I'm trying to keep the peace around here!!

Edited by Ndawg12

As for hours, I have 105 hours on my boat, and this is the end :( of our second season.

We dont live on a lake, but have about 12 outings for 2009 and 2010.

Outings could be 3 hours at a local lake or 3 days at Dale Hollow.

My dealer in TX says 75 year is average.

oh, and it is an engine...not a motor. just a pet peeve of mine. motors are electric.

Dude, The world differs with your thought, and I don't give a crap about your so called degree. Your knowledge of verbiage is indicative of the fact that you don't have a handle of how communications can be mistaken by folks that use the wrong words.

I can't find one thing that goes with your thought.

http://www.google.com/search?q=motor+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Guess they are all wrong

I guess I will ride my enginecycle to the Indianapolis Engine speedway. There I will finally sit down and read my Engine Trend magazine. After that I will go back home and take my engineboat on the lake. Then I will go to Detroit the Engine city.

come on If you really believe this is true. cite something, any thing and I will believe you.

Edited by rjgogo

Dude, The world differs with your thought, and I don't give a crap about your so called degree. Your knowledge of verbiage is indicative of the fact that you don't have a handle of how communications can be mistaken by folks that use the wrong words.

I can't find one thing that goes with your thought.

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

Guess they are all wrong

I guess I will ride my enginecycle to the Indianapolis Engine speedway. There I will finally sit down and read my Engine Trend magazine. After that I will go back home and take my engineboat on the lake. Then I will go to Detroit the Engine city.

come on If you really believe this is true. cite something, any thing and I will believe you.

Oh man......it keeps getting better! ROFL.gif