Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help........ Upholstery ISSUE

LSVSharks

Hey Guys,

I just was taking my cover off my boat today and noticed the top of my upholstery has been discolored because of the cover that I got from the dealership (original cover). It looks pinkish and has ruined the white. It looks burned. On the grey parts there have dark yellow areas. It is all over my motor housing and all across the side where the original cover is touching. My boat is 95% in a warehouse storage area that keeps it at a constant temp all year long. The last two weeks I kept it out in front of our house and now it is ruined. I am so bummed right now after seeing this. I have tried everything to get the color out but no luck. I am unsure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am calling Malibu and my dealer tomorrow to see what can be done.

Brad

Bradley,

You still have the white cover? I'll get a pink/purple w/ my black cover on if left in the sun for extended periods of time. Like yours mine is store inside so the cover is only really used for transport to the lake. Contrary to belief leave the boat uncovered in the sun and they go away. If I have to do it over I'd probably get a white or lighter color cover.

That is what Mark told me to do also. I will try it for the next few days. I am buying a new cover tomorrow. I will never get another black cover. On my old boat I had a blue cover an never had a problem.

Bradley,

You still have the white cover? I'll get a pink/purple w/ my black cover on if left in the sun for extended periods of time. Like yours mine is store inside so the cover is only really used for transport to the lake. Contrary to belief leave the boat uncovered in the sun and they go away. If I have to do it over I'd probably get a white or lighter color cover.

I've actually had several occasions where seemingly unremovable stains have come out on their own after a day in the sun. Go figure.

I have some crazy stains in my 08 and I don't use a cover. At first I thought they were self tanner stains but now i know they are not.

I am posting pics in a new thread in a few minutes.

Well I am happy and relieved to report that keeping it out in the sun did help and the stains are all but gone!!!! I was so mad but I am glad that issue is over. I did buy a new cover and will be waiting on it. So thanks everyone for the comments.

Brad

Brad,

Look at my post with the pictures of the stains. Did yours look like that?

If so, the cover isn't really the problem (because I don't use one) but if getting rid of the black cover makes them never show up again then that is a easy fix for you.