Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Malibu Dealers

rodman

This is super simple in my mind. If a dealer is arrogant, I'd walk too.

Buy used.

Let the folks who buy new take the giant hit. The market sucks. Arrogance is the attitude of 2007. If you buy a boat that was $55,000 in 2008, it'll be sub $40k now. If you work at it, especially this time of year, you can probably find $35k. Jmho. It's amazing how happy you can be with an extra $18,000 in the bank, and 95% of the exact same boat.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!! WINNER!!!

It's not just Malibus either. Take any inboard to Bake's for great service in the Seattle area. My buddy with a Mastercraft was getting so ticked off at the local Mastercraft dealer he's taking his boat to Bake's now and is much happier.

They have one guy over there that is on top of things (at the MC dealer) and was really trying, but that was it. You can't have one guy with that attitude, you need the whole company to have that attitude, as their culture, and that's what is at Bakes.

Thanks MalibuTime, glad to know I've got your friend taken care of too and your right, every ski/wake boat is welcome at Bake's.

Arrogance is the attitude of 2007

I like that quote!!! ding ding ding is right!

-Paul

I bought my 07 LSV used from an individual but i deal with JC Sports in Seneca SC and they are great. And they are Malibu focused and have plenty of new ones. I know he wont advertise or ship out of area most likely but if you come down here to buy it is a shorter drive than California anyway.

No wake Marine on the North side of Cincinnati is really good. Not a huge shop, but they do a ton of buisness and are real nice. I bought a used boat, and they have been great about getting my service needs handled. The bought was bought new from them too. They have a couple leftovers if you are interested. Also I have a friend with an LSV for sale 2008 for about 55...fully loaded. Look around on Craigslist in the Cincinnati area.

The reason you are getting retail is due to the dealer agreement. Malibu wants their customers to buy and service from the same dealer in order to get the best service, so if someone boats in another territory they are asked to offer only retail pricing. You can sell leftover boats out of territory, but only after March or the following year (so 2010's can be sold anywhere starting next March). I would be very careful buying out of territory as some dealers will refuse service. There are dealers who sell anywhere though, especially in these tough times, although most went out of business. I know the dealer I work at, The Boat Shop in northeastern PA, had over 15 boats sold in their area from dealers that were going out or wanted to liquidate leftovers over the past few years. We service them as you can't help it that dealers liquidated and buyers bought them at distressed pricing. We did not have leftovers so we were unable to match some of the prices. If you cannot work with your local dealer your next best bet is to contact Malibu and see if they can make a arrangement with another dealer as they will do that in some circumstances. Either way good luck with your search.

Tinus Marine in Oconomowoc, WI

Family owned. You walk in and they know your name. They made a mistake once on double-billing me for service in fall and again in sprint and they fixed it.

And... I bought my first boat as a leftover from another dealer out of state. Even after doing so they always treated me no differently than if I had bought from them. So I made damn sure I bought my next boat from them.

Mike

Family owned. You walk in and they know your name. They made a mistake once on double-billing me for service in fall and again in sprint and they fixed it.

And... I bought my first boat as a leftover from another dealer out of state. Even after doing so they always treated me no differently than if I had bought from them. So I made damn sure I bought my next boat from them.

Mike

Sounds like a nice dealer!

Paul

The reason you are getting retail is due to the dealer agreement. Malibu wants their customers to buy and service from the same dealer in order to get the best service, so if someone boats in another territory they are asked to offer only retail pricing. You can sell leftover boats out of territory, but only after March or the following year (so 2010's can be sold anywhere starting next March). I would be very careful buying out of territory as some dealers will refuse service. There are dealers who sell anywhere though, especially in these tough times, although most went out of business. I know the dealer I work at, The Boat Shop in northeastern PA, had over 15 boats sold in their area from dealers that were going out or wanted to liquidate leftovers over the past few years. We service them as you can't help it that dealers liquidated and buyers bought them at distressed pricing. We did not have leftovers so we were unable to match some of the prices. If you cannot work with your local dealer your next best bet is to contact Malibu and see if they can make a arrangement with another dealer as they will do that in some circumstances. Either way good luck with your search.

Wkerat......I have heard awesome feedback on The Boat Shop. One of my riding buddies said he would not even remotely consider buying a boat anywhere else. Keep up the good work!

After my buddies sold their Malibu franchise to the local hillbilly travel trailer dealership - there is not a good dealership around. Imagine a bunch of overfed travel trailer salesmen walking around with their thumbs in their belts that just happened upon the Malibu, Mastercraft, Moomba, and Supra franshises.

Encounter #1 - So, how's easy is it to raise and lower the tower?... salesman.... "oh, hell - that thangs so heavy - we don't mess wit it" --- nice work super salesman!

Encounter #2 after some time went by - I'd like to buy an oil filter for my 2007 LSV w/ a 340... them "we ain't got none of them - but we thank dis one might work" --- super customer service

I'd fully expect that if I ever took my boat there for service that I'd get it back with the seats cut out with a propane stove installed and new curtains.

- Octane

Mike

Agreed! I was probably in Tinus 15 times before I bought my Mailbu. Always happy to let me sit in the boat and do my thinking without pressure.

No wake Marine on the North side of Cincinnati is really good. Not a huge shop, but they do a ton of buisness and are real nice. I bought a used boat, and they have been great about getting my service needs handled. The bought was bought new from them too. They have a couple leftovers if you are interested. Also I have a friend with an LSV for sale 2008 for about 55...fully loaded. Look around on Craigslist in the Cincinnati area.

Can't go wrong with the gang at NoWake

If you in the TN area, TNT Watersports in Hendersonville (Middle TN, Outside Nashville) has been a great dealer for us. Very knowledgable in sales and service and always willing to help. Put on a really good wakeboard event in Nashville every year as well. Andrew, Luke, Eric and the rest of their team do a great job. All are long time boat guys with lots of experience. Definately give them a call if your in the area and need sales or service help. They have went above and beyond a couple times when we have been in a pinch and need service, parts or gear to always get us back on the water and keep us there. They also carry Nautiques and used inventory and have a good pro-shop with lots of Ronix and Hyperlite gear. Highly recommend.

Edited by Cunningham1143