Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Engines 5 Year Warranty

Bake's Marine

Pretty sweet if you ask me!!!

-Paul

Click Here for the full release.

Here are some of the details:

"The warranty is fully backed by Indmar and does not include an outsourced third party, the company said. The warranty is also fully transferable.

"With five consecutive recognitions from the NMMA for outstanding customer service, offering the Factory Five on all 2011 Indmar marine engines is a testament to Team Indmar's commitment to building the highest-quality engines available on the market," company president Chuck Rowe said in a statement. "Warranting our engines for five years speaks volumes about the integrity of each engine we manufacture while providing the consumer with something a little more than just talk - a true five-year warranty and a lot of confidence."

To offer this level of protection, Indmar has partnered with Boaters Insurance Agency, a leading insurance provider that specializes in ski- and wake boats.

To qualify for the Factory Five, an Indmar owner must insure the boat with Boaters Insurance at the time of purchase or no later than 60 days from the date of delivery."

Pretty sweet if you ask me!!!

-Paul

Click Here for the full release.

Here are some of the details:

"The warranty is fully backed by Indmar and does not include an outsourced third party, the company said. The warranty is also fully transferable.

"With five consecutive recognitions from the NMMA for outstanding customer service, offering the Factory Five on all 2011 Indmar marine engines is a testament to Team Indmar's commitment to building the highest-quality engines available on the market," company president Chuck Rowe said in a statement. "Warranting our engines for five years speaks volumes about the integrity of each engine we manufacture while providing the consumer with something a little more than just talk - a true five-year warranty and a lot of confidence."

To offer this level of protection, Indmar has partnered with Boaters Insurance Agency, a leading insurance provider that specializes in ski- and wake boats.

To qualify for the Factory Five, an Indmar owner must insure the boat with Boaters Insurance at the time of purchase or no later than 60 days from the date of delivery."

:thumbup: but I wonder if the presence of Ilmor has anything to do with that...?

...and the catch... must insure with Boaters Insurance... nothing is ever for free or without a catch.... guess the kickbacks from Boaters Ins to Indmar are intended to cover the warranty claims

...and the catch... must insure with Boaters Insurance... nothing is ever for free or without a catch....

:lol: Skeptical minds think alike.

How much more, per year, are you willing to pay for your insurance in order to get the five year warranty?

Boaters insurance has insured all 10 or so of my boats, always thought their rates were very competitive...

But you didn't have the "five year plan" built into your rates. BI might in fact be who we went with...I don't recall off the top of my head, never have had a claim. All I'm saying is that the additional risk associated with the five year plan has got to be covered by someone. If you think that they are going to cover it and not charge for it I would say that's being a bit naive.

For sure you'll be paying for it, all I was saying is their pricing has always been very inline compared to some companies who think the boat is a dragster because it has 350 hp in a 20' long boat.

I'd be interested to know how many new bu owners pony up extra money (and how much) for extended warranty plans.

For sure you'll be paying for it, all I was saying is their pricing has always been very inline compared to some companies who think the boat is a dragster because it has 350 hp in a 20' long boat.

I'd be interested to know how many new bu owners pony up extra money (and how much) for extended warranty plans.

I thought us Canadians were the only ones that got that.. I dont know how many times I have explained this to my insurance company...

...and the catch... must insure with Boaters Insurance... nothing is ever for free or without a catch.... guess the kickbacks from Boaters Ins to Indmar are intended to cover the warranty claims

I doubt insurance rates are higher, I'm sure Indmar gets some sort of kick back.

A lot of our customers all ready use boaters insurance and they've been great to work with.

I thought us Canadians were the only ones that got that.. I dont know how many times I have explained this to my insurance company...

Pennery - that is a sick looking 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will hapen whit malibu in other countrys?

Are we going to be able to get that warranty?

Would that company take our boats in insurance?

Luciano from argentina.

Dealer

What will hapen whit malibu in other countrys?

Luciano from argentina.

Dealer

Where do you use the boats in Argentina, my wife is from Rosario and we are a Malibu dealer here in Fla.

What will hapen whit Malibu in other countrys?

Luciano from argentina.

Dealer

That would be a good question for your Malibu Rep, I'm not sure what that answer is.

-Paul

Somewhat off topic, but my State Farm rep was quoting me close to $600 for insurance with a $1000 deductible. Because of this thread and the couple of positive responses, I tried Boater's Insurance yesterday. Their quote for the same policy was $316 with a deductible of 1% of the value you assign your boat.

Since I'm not buying brand new, this didn't include the warranty. But it opened my eyes to save close to $300/yr.

Thanks MalibuCrew! (And yes, I already am a supporter. Next year I guess I need to upgrade to Chief!)

Where do you use the boats in Argentina, my wife is from Rosario and we are a Malibu dealer here in Fla.

Actually Ive sold the first malibu to friend in Rosario.

We ride here in buenos aires in the delta. We have lots of rivers to ride on.

PM if you are going to travel to argentina.

¿Where are you from?

I doubt insurance rates are higher, I'm sure Indmar gets some sort of kick back.

A lot of our customers all ready use boaters insurance and they've been great to work with.

Pennery - that is a sick looking 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul.. It looks better with the new wheels on it too...

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a quote for a 2011 Wakesetter 247 through Boaters Insurance. The quote was in line with all the other boat insurance companies-$40 cheaper in fact. To get a 5 year Indmar warranty AND 5 years of replacement coverage for the boat AND replacement coverage for 10 years on the underwater gear is something that no one is offering. Sweet deal if you ask me.