Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zip Sled/Bob Sked

MSTATE99

I am looking for a zip sled or bob sked. They are no longer made and i cant find one on ebay or craigslist just wondering if anyone on here might have one they are willing to sell. I am trying to give my 2 year old daughter more options than a tube and i remember as a kid i loved this thing. I dont think she is big enough yet for a skimmer but the sled would be a confidence booster to work her way up to a ski skimmer.

I am looking for a zip sled or bob sked. They are no longer made and i cant find one on ebay or craigslist just wondering if anyone on here might have one they are willing to sell. I am trying to give my 2 year old daughter more options than a tube and i remember as a kid i loved this thing. I dont think she is big enough yet for a skimmer but the sled would be a confidence booster to work her way up to a ski skimmer.

wow! i remember the zip sled from when i was a kid. it was blue and had to be taken out of the water to drain after a few rides. thanks for the flash back!

Where are you located and what are you looking to pay?

I may have a couple lying around.

the one i had was orange with handles on the side. i dont think it had a drain hole on it but that has been years ago. while searching for them i found out the bob sked is orange one and zip sled is the blue one (i think)

i am located in memphis tn and just a guess on price would be 100 to 150

i will give a Plus1.gif for the EZ-Ski. My daughter regularly goes out with us when we surf, and since she was not confident enough (or strong enough) to surf by herself, this was a great alternative. She will literally go forever riding on this thing. it is very stable and has given her a lot of confidence riding solo behind the boat. She was 3 when we put her on it.

My Dad has two blue Admiral Zip Sleds at his house. We've always had one, and two years ago when the MC guys were paying north of $300 for them, he saw one on the side of the road and bought it. He had it sold to someone in IN and was going to take it with him on a road trip vacation to meet, but the buyer found one closer.

He doesn't want to ship one because of the size, but if you can't find one closer, send me a pm and I'll certainly do my best to help you out. He didn't have an idea of price at this point, he was pondering auctioning them or posting them around for a premium and see if anyone is interested.

I towed my little brother on our bob sked behind my 1984 honda 200x till it disintegrated. It was honestly more fun wrapping him around trees on it than pulling it behind our invader sport.

WOW 300 those things are like gold haha

Yeah you never know with boat guys what will become in high demand. :crazy: I guess when you can pony up 80k for a boat, whats $300 for childhood memories? Like I said, if you can't find one, pm and we'll try to work something out. BTW, I wouldn't pay 300 for one, either. But I can't even afford a modern wakeboard right now, so there you go.

I towed my little brother on our bob sked behind my 1984 honda 200x till it disintegrated. It was honestly more fun wrapping him around trees on it than pulling it behind our invader sport.

Ha ha. We had an 85 (red&white) and an 86 (all white) 200x and we pulled so many things behind them. We never did hook up the zip sled, though. I still can't believe they got outlawed, you'd have to be a retard not to figure out how to drive those things. (Of course, look at the state of our nation, majority rules I guess). Now I see three wheeled scooters that are twice as tall and half as wide. Those things look sketchy just sitting there.

post-12034-128473540614_thumb.jpg

I paid about $150 for a bob sked a few years ago. I didn't need it then but I knew they were hard to find and I eventually would want one. Since having a kid the grandparents also bought us the ezski.

My conclusion: The ezski is the safe, easy, low risk way to teach kids, especially if they are under 4 or 5. They can float on it without a boat, drag them up and down the beach, and the are begging to get pulled behind the boat. But after a few trips around the lake they are ready for the bob sked or zip sled, those you can steer and get them in and out of the wake. There is so much drag on the ezski you get really steer it much

If you can borrow one that is the way to go. If not its a great tool for the super small or super timid.

Use an EZski trainer here, all three of my kids love if. The youngest, 2yrs old, will not hold the handle but will ride it all day long without falling off. Tow them at 15mph instead of the recommended 10mph and I attached the rope to the boat stead of the spotter holding the other rope handle..

Edited by CumminsBu

My Dad has two blue Admiral Zip Sleds at his house. We've always had one, and two years ago when the MC guys were paying north of $300 for them, he saw one on the side of the road and bought it. He had it sold to someone in IN and was going to take it with him on a road trip vacation to meet, but the buyer found one closer.

He doesn't want to ship one because of the size, but if you can't find one closer, send me a pm and I'll certainly do my best to help you out. He didn't have an idea of price at this point, he was pondering auctioning them or posting them around for a premium and see if anyone is interested.