Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommendations for Wakesurf Ballast Set-up

mikeyg

Gonna try to wakesurf for the first time today. I'd like to get some input on how to set up the ballast. I've got an 08 23LSV and have twin 450# sacks, bow sack and 150# "brick". What I plan on trying is fill the left side hard tank, put a 450# sack in that locker and one on the seat along with the brick. Do I fill the center hard tank and/or bow tank? Also assuming speed at 12mph? And I've seen other boats drive in a circle and some in a straight line. What's better?

Put both 450# bags in the locker and the brick on the seat. fill the center bow and surf side rear. set the wedge all the way down and your speed and 10.4. start there and adjust the wedge and speed to your likeing.

Put both 450# bags in the locker and the brick on the seat. fill the center bow and surf side rear. set the wedge all the way down and your speed and 10.4. start there and adjust the wedge and speed to your likeing.

Speeds above 10.4 will make the wave longer and more powerful.

I would suggest buying a flyhigh 1100 pound sac for your rear locker and putting your 400's on the seat.