Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Wakesetter 23 LSV vs. 2010 MC X30

Hoosiervet

Can you expand on the Stowed position for the bimini? How does it stow and what is the issue?

It either rests forward onto the tower which Malibu does not recommend. I have done this with no problems because for whatever reason it makes me feel more comfortable.

OR it rests all its weight on the rear supports which Malibu does recommend. Pic Here

It appears to me that storage of the Bimini when it is not in use was an afterthought on Malibu's part.

I am in the same boat right now, deciding between new 2011 vlx and used 2009 x30 with 40 hour. I will be demoing both ths week and will let you know.

I am leaning vlx right now even though the mtc scares me.

I have test drove both of these boats (bought a 2011 VLX), handsdown the VLX will smoke the X30 in the wakeboard wake. I thought the X-30 was big and sluggish, it was hard to manuever, and is quite a bit larger than the VLX. THe X-15 would be a better comparison for the VLX, and I also have been towed behind and driven the X-15, IMO this was a much better boat than the X-30.

During your demo give the MTC a workout, the more I use it, the better I like it.... super easy to fill and drain ballast.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the comparison between both of them.

Edited by Fman

I saw some stuff come throught the pipeline this past year that showed Malibu on top of Mastercraft for nada resale. It wasn't a huge gap, both hold value amazingly well.

as for the vinyl, there is no other company that has better vinyl than Malibu, period

No question about this. I have original vinyl in my 97 SSLX and it's just now starting to split at the piping in the rear seat and observer seat. Just take care of it properly and it will last.

Oh yeah......almost forgot.....buy the BU.

On a Malibu forum nobody is going to say get a Mastercraft. But I'm sure you already knew that.

With that said, get a Malibu :rofl:

Get a MasterCraft :biggrin:

i am leaning towards the BU, but have spent much more time riding an x-15. My other concern is that the x30 is discontinued for 2011 and am concerned about resale on a discontinued boat. How do you all feel about how Malibu's upholstery holds up over time (5 years)? As far as dealer support, I have never heard anything but praise for the local Malibu dealer. Does anyone have any concerns over the new touch screens for durability or water damage? i would feel better if they were warranted longer than 3 years. Also, does anyone have a dealer NADA book that can compare how a 5 year old MC compares to a BU. As always any insight is appreciated. Lots of decisions, followed by lots of Ben Franklin's.

If it is between the 23 LSV and an X30, Get the LSV. It is the better choice in my opinion. However I finally demo'd an X25 yesterday, And it was an awesome boat. Best wakeboard wake and surf wake that MC has with stock ballast. I was very impressed. Dont even bother with the X30. If its a choice between MC and the 23 LSV, look at the X25. Better wakes than a X30, More room inside than the X30, Rides better, handles better, and looks better.

has anyone else noticed the number of this type of request for opinions we get on this site?

wouldn't it be nice if one time the person making these requests got back to us with information on what he ended up doing?

I am still tryin to decide, however, I believe I will be trading in for a X25. I really want to look at the Picklebu first though. I am going to keep my 23 LSV through this summer and order a boat this fall, so I am hoping to Demo the Picklebu before then.

I am in the same boat right now, deciding between new 2011 vlx and used 2009 x30 with 40 hour. I will be demoing both ths week and will let you know.

I am leaning vlx right now even though the mtc scares me.

Once again, I wouldnt bother with the X30. There is a reason they discontinued it. The X25 came along and stole all of the sales from the X30 and a lot from the Xstar as well.

Once again, I wouldnt bother with the X30. There is a reason they discontinued it. The X25 came along and stole all of the sales from the X30 and a lot from the Xstar as well.

Basically this is what I was going to say. Take away everything else and the X30 is a discontinued model and LSV is a current model.

/ X-25 owner

I demoed the vlx today. what an awesome ride! Same ole story - great fit and finish, huge interior, great styling. the one area that I was afraid of was the MTC, but came away from the demo loving the MTC. It really is awesome and nobody else's system compares IMO.

I have decided to not even bother with the x30. Basically, It seems really boring next to the vlx and it is overpriced.

I demoed the vlx today. what an awesome ride! Same ole story - great fit and finish, huge interior, great styling. the one area that I was afraid of was the MTC, but came away from the demo loving the MTC. It really is awesome and nobody else's system compares IMO.

I have decided to not even bother with the x30. Basically, It seems really boring next to the vlx and it is overpriced.

You will love the VLX, its the flagship boat for a reason, did you get a chance to ride behind it? The out of the box OEM wake is just plain awesome.... with no doubts, will satisfy many advanced riders....

Did you order one up?

Didn't get to ride behind it, we were dodging storms.

Boat is being held waiting on the buyer of my current boat to get his financing straight. Once mine is sold, then I can purchase the vlx. The wait is going to kill me. Hoping the deal on my boat gets finalized quickly.