Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon Frost Plugs

old skool malibu

Can anyone tell me how many frost plugs on a 09 Monsoon and where they are located? Do I pull by hand or need a wrench? Any pictures of their location would be great!

you mite be calling the drain plugs frost plugs. Drain plugs are low on both sides of the block. They have a nut that you mush remove that holds on a sensor wire. Remove that first then unscrew the plug with a wrench.

Like Bill said there are 2 freeze plugs on each side down form the heads and 1 drain plug on each side just above the oil pan. The freeze plugs you do not want to mess with and the drain plugs just need taken out. If the drain plugs dont drain just open the whole up with a small screw driver.

Like Bill said there are 2 freeze plugs on each side down form the heads and 1 drain plug on each side just above the oil pan. The freeze plugs you do not want to mess with and the drain plugs just need taken out. If the drain plugs dont drain just open the whole up with a small screw driver.

Ok. We have a forecast of -5 celcius this weekend so I want to get the water out just incase. What do the plugs look like that I am removing?

Ok. We have a forecast of -5 celcius this weekend so I want to get the water out just incase. What do the plugs look like that I am removing?

The 2 plugs are just above the oil pan about the center of the block. They are brass and have a hex head either 1/2 or 7/16 not sure.

The 2 plugs are just above the oil pan about the center of the block. They are brass and have a hex head either 1/2 or 7/16 not sure.

Remove two drain plugs on both sides and one knock sensor on one side, right? Do we leave the holes open after drain till we use boat again?

Edited by Woodsprinter

Remove two drain plugs on both sides and one knock sensor on one side, right? Do we leave the holes open after drain till we use boat again?

Sorry there is one plug brass plug on each side remove each one and leave out so the motor will drip. Leave the sensors in DO NOT touch them.

Remember to but them back in.

Edited by rodman

Do you have a shower?

I remove the knock sensor from the starboard side of the engine. And then pull the shower hoses from the mixing console. The shower is hooked up to the same hole on the port side of the engine..... middle of the block between the exhaust manifold & the oil pan.

There is also a hose on the back of each exhaust manifold that is joined (like a garden hose fitting). Mine goes underneath the engine & I disconnect them & let them drain into the bilge.

Plus drain the heater (if you have one).

Then I bump start the engine for a second to blow it all out (thanks to the Globe impellers).

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

You have two knock sensors, one on each side this changed over in 07 IIRC, the sensors do NOT look like the picture Bill posted.

Bill on the newer boats the shower pick up is up near the manifold off the head.

-Chris

Edited by 99response