Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sad Time of Year

yainyaout

Well, I have been noticing that my boat has been using a little oil but has increasingly gotten worse to about a quart per tank of gas. Long story short its in the shop with discussions to Malibu to figure out what they want to do.

Now summer is winding up and I'm not ready to be finished.

Any one else experienced this problem. '09 VLX has 130 hours on it and has only started using oil in the last 2 months.

Better this time of the year than the spring. That motor should be well broken in by now. Don't they say every 100 hours is like 10,000 miles on a car engine. That,s a lot of oil for a small block with no hours on it. Maybe a ring you should see smoke with that much oil being burned. Best of luck hope they get it fixed quick.

I feel for ya.

our boat's been in the shop for about 3 weeks.

Did they tell u what's wrong? sounds like a head gasket?

Head gasket or ring or something, no they haven't said exactly what the problem is yet just that its leaking could be through the PCV valves.

Better this time of the year than the spring. That motor should be well broken in by now. Don't they say every 100 hours is like 10,000 miles on a car engine. That,s a lot of oil for a small block with no hours on it. Maybe a ring you should see smoke with that much oil being burned. Best of luck hope they get it fixed quick.

Yea, you would think it would be smoking like a mosquito waggon, but we do a lot of surfing and there is no sign of smoke, or any residue around the exhaust. Its bad I bought a new boat because I was having a few problems with my previous Tige, now here we go again.

Yea, you would think it would be smoking like a mosquito waggon, but we do a lot of surfing and there is no sign of smoke, or any residue around the exhaust. Its bad I bought a new boat because I was having a few problems with my previous Tige, now here we go again.

If you are surfing you would be able to smell it or see it. Using that much oil with no leaks you have to be burnning it. A head gasket is not likley for oil unless you blew it totaly and again not common for a chevy.

That oil is going somewhere it dosnt evaporate into the air.

I hope that they can fix it fast so you can try it out before you put it away for the winter.

If you are surfing you would be able to smell it or see it. Using that much oil with no leaks you have to be burnning it. A head gasket is not likley for oil unless you blew it totaly and again not common for a chevy.

That oil is going somewhere it dosnt evaporate into the air.

I hope that they can fix it fast so you can try it out before you put it away for the winter.

I am not sure fast is going to be the result, I talked to them yesterday and they said they were contacting Malibu to figure out what they wanted to do about it.