Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about the Flightcraft

MARiley

This was my 94. It ran about 60 mph with a 19" high five prop. If the black thing on the back had not blown up twice I would still own it.

post-89-128457351274_thumb.jpg

What was that bimin made of steel..surely it would not wishstand 60 mph?

why not? The one on my illusion easily withstands 75 mph on the freeway! (so far...knock on wood!)

It was just an inexpensive aluminum frame bimini bought from Overtons. My current boat, a Response will run 50 with the Johnson bimini up.

• 7 months later...

Here is my 1994 Flighty w/ a Johnson 225HO. I have owned it for 8-9 years and still love the boat.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1TU064l9VuQ/TIwXwcsCXXI/AAAAAAAAAOk/O0yGflwDKSs/s640/2010-09-11_17-56-51_202.jpg

just found this thread, how fast did the johnson move the 94 flighy? i have a 95 with a mercury 260hp. ill be swapping over to a 300xs here in the next year or so. i get 67mph with 4 people in it. i do have some little gelcoat cracks by the top deck where the rear seat is. might need to look in to it.

Edited by cjg454ss
  • 10 years later...

I have a 94  Flightcraft Barefooter with 94 Merc 200 - thinking of replacing engine with Evinrude G2 200HP to get rid of the carbs and idling issues -  can anyone comment on if the G2 will push that boat to 60MPH like the old Merc does?