Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This thread is about the Flightcraft

MARiley

I really couldn't care less about barefooting, but holy hell is this an awesome (and fast) malibu. so sexy. i'd love to drive one with a 300, or even one of those tiny merc racing 225s on the back. HUBBA HUBBA

img6767.jpg

it'd be great for the river down here. there are a ton of old, and often pretty fast jetboats, and i would just love to wreck them on the straightaway with a skiboat.

I just sold mine this year had a 260 HP chevy small block. That boat was like a dart being shot out of a gun. Lightning quick top speed was a little over 50. I could only imagine how the outboard's modle's run like.

Edited by rodman

My best friend has a 1995 with a 200 Merc that he bought when he really got into barefooting, but we used it alot of slalom skiing also. They do practically jump out of the water. A little bit harder getting a slalom ski on without a platform though.

A little bit harder getting a slalom ski on without a platform though.

One foot in...put it on in the water or standing dock start.

Two feet in...strap in inside the boat, cushion under the fin, if necessary. Sit on the side of the boat and do the scuba back roll into the water with ski attached. :crazy: That's what we did in the outboard days.

My best friend has a 1995 with a 200 Merc that he bought when he really got into barefooting, but we used it alot of slalom skiing also. They do practically jump out of the water. A little bit harder getting a slalom ski on without a platform though.

The Flightcraft DD's had a swim deck.

Loved our '95 DD. It was a great boat that we loved for many seasons. Worked well for everything except rough waters and large groups. :biggrin:

Sold mine for a 23 LSV for more room. There are times that I wish I had that little go devil back. How about taking one over the front and then over the windshield.

I skied with a guy who had one. It was crazy fast. We would chase jetski's down with it. You should have seen their faces when we came at them with the barefoot boom off the side heading at them. :lol:

Sold mine for a 23 LSV for more room. There are times that I wish I had that little go devil back. How about taking one over the front and then over the windshield.

NEVER happened! :crazy:

Best roller we ever caught my (at the time) 70 something uncle was in the back seat, arms out wide, old people sunglasses on and not a care in the world. The bow dips, the water rolls up the bow, up the windshield, I yell.... the wife ducks and he takes the biggest wave we ever took! Absolutely drenched him! Best part was he was totally taken off guard and by surprise. I'm laughing as I type.

We were good for 1 or 2 a season during the weekend mad house on Otis Res!

Traded up for a 21LSV. Miss the flighty, but am very much injoying the new ride. THANKS PETER!

How is the hole shot on the flightcraft? I have a bass boat that is lightning fast top speed (65mph) but, the hole shot has much to be desired.

Hole shots are very strong a bad driver will tear your arms off.

The best speed I got was around 50 but speed does not matter with a ski boat. It would run down the smaller jet skies.

From what I understand the outboards were made for Sea World and you know how many skiers they yank up. I was also told that there were not a lot DD's made.

Edited by rodman

I just started putting my ski on while on the swim step. With double boots, you put your back foot in first when you're in the water (or on the swimstep for that matter) and then the front foot. It's really not that difficult.

PS That is a killer boat.

Edited by MalibuTime