Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

In floor Ice Chest Lid - Response LXi

BuFootin

Noticed yesterday that the carpeted floor lid that covers the ice chest thats built into the floor is starting to severly sag. I'm afraid it will eventually break. It's caused from walking/stepping on it when getting to the open bow area or drivers seat. Just wondering if other 2005 vintage Response LXi owners have experienced something similar? Anyone have there's completly cave in or break? Ideas on replacing, given that matching the carpet might be tough? I suspect repairing would not be possible.

No issues on our '03 RLXi, and I'm reasonably certain the design of that door (and the ski locker) are no different on other models. There has been an occasional report of these lids beginning to sag, but certainly not many. How many hours on your boat?

More common than you think Jerry, I've seen quite a few that sag, and a few of them completely cave in. They do make replacements, not sure about the carpet match on an 05, but you should be able to reuse the existing carpet with some effort.

-Chris

i'd bet that honeycomb aluminum is used for that cover.

just one or two high impacts and things will start to go south fast.

pricey stuff but i would not think a small piece would be too horrible.

mcmaster carr sells a 1/2" x 12" x 12" and a 24" x 24" is just north of a c-note.

When I orderd my 06 RLXI, I asked the factory to remove the divider between the cooler and the ski locker, as a result they installed a "one piece" hatch,it's been fine since day 1...maybe the same solution will work for you ?.....just my .02 cents

When I orderd my 06 RLXI, I asked the factory to remove the divider between the cooler and the ski locker, as a result they installed a "one piece" hatch,it's been fine since day 1...maybe the same solution will work for you ?.....just my .02 cents

So you have just a one piece floor cover hatch that goes over the ski storeage and ice chest?

Edited by BuFootin