Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Backroll

martinarcher

I also landed my first backroll last weekend. Did not get video but will on my next outing. Funny story though... After loading my vride up with full ballast + wedge and attempting backrolls with little success I saw a guy coming across the lake behind a 17' Bayliner with a tower and hardly any wake and just as he got in front of us he threw a backroll, front roll, then a 540... I sat there with my mouth wide open catching bugs... When he stopped I pulled up and said that was great can your help me do that? He said sure - super nice guy he was about 20 with a another guy couple of 20 year old girls in the boat. He told me to empty all the ballast that i didn't need it go about 21 mph gave me some tips on line tension and jumping the wake.. Took me a couple of weekends of practicing those techniques but at 42 I landed my first backroll with my wife and 11 year old cheering me on. It was a great day.

Awesome! Congrats! That sounds like an awesome day!

We had a great weekend out in Ohio. My buddies bachelor party was this weekend and we spend all weekend at a cabin with the boat. 4 of us on Friday, 8 all day Sat, and 3 Sat night. I got so much riding in I was actually sore this morning. Rockon.gif Barefooted, ski'ed, boarded, surfed...it was an awesome weekend. I landed a backroll Sat night on glass, but couldn't hang onto the rope to ride away so I'm not counting it. I got slack in the rope somehow during the flip and when the boat made it up it popped the handle out of my hands. Frustrated.gif

I'm getting close.....woot.gif

Cool bachelor party. Yeah you will land it soon. I can't tell you how many times I thought I landed only to slid out when trying to ride away. I would always land a little open and could not edge away from the boat. One time i just tried to land revert but that did not go so well (big faceplant) but drew a good bit of laughs from the boat. It is always good to make someone laugh so hard they get a side stitch.

Cool bachelor party. Yeah you will land it soon. I can't tell you how many times I thought I landed only to slid out when trying to ride away. I would always land a little open and could not edge away from the boat. One time i just tried to land revert but that did not go so well (big faceplant) but drew a good bit of laughs from the boat. It is always good to make someone laugh so hard they get a side stitch.

Haha....I hear ya. I had the whole crew laughing pretty hard this weekend. Between big crashes from those that can board and the funny careful edging of the first few hundred yards ridden by the newbies we had a lot of good laughs this weekend!

Haha....I hear ya. I had the whole crew laughing pretty hard this weekend. Between big crashes from those that can board and the funny careful edging of the first few hundred yards ridden by the newbies we had a lot of good laughs this weekend!

This is one of the best sites in watersports. Everyone has to do it, but man is it funny! :rofl:

This is one of the best sites in watersports. Everyone has to do it, but man is it funny! :rofl:

Oh it was a blast. 5 out of the 8 of us had never ridden before. Everyone ended up getting up though. I was the one laughing Sun morning when everyone groaned their way out of bed and down for breakfast! ROFL.gif

• 2 weeks later...