Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Echelon intereior mod's

amarfanhar

I am wondering if anyone has any references for someone who could build a bow filler cushion and a center Jump seat between the driver and observer for my 93 Echelon. I would also like to add a lexan windblocker to my open bow. It's getting cold.

I am wondering if anyone has any references for someone who could build a bow filler cushion and a center Jump seat between the driver and observer for my 93 Echelon. I would also like to add a lexan windblocker to my open bow. It's getting cold.

Can't help with the seats, but does your open bow have the snaps already in it? If so, just have a local shop make up a new bow cover for you that snaps on, probably less than $80. If not, you can do a windblocker with snaps and canvas too (my pervious I/O had that).

Bow Filler:

Email me, I will find or take the photos of the infill cushion I made and show you how it was constructed ( for under a $100.00 )

In the meantime you want to find a plastics dealer. You are looking for 1/2", 5/8" or 3/4" "marine board" its white like the cheap plastic cutting boards but more rigid material. You need about 16" x 36" ?? depending on your infill cavity size plus a 2 or 3" overlap.

GE, Lexan, more commercial dealers will carry it, not a hardware store.

Or call a boat dealer and see where he can lead you to.

Center Jump Seat:

Easy.

In case you missed my 30 or more posts that said " Go To A Hot Rod Meet".

The local hotrodders know the cheapest, best, place to get custom upholstery done.

They are old guys and don't have anything better to do than share their experience in upholstery, detailing, motor modifications, and so forth.

Red Hot Interiors in Bend does hot rod interiors. I had him make me a custom upholstered divider and reinforce my towing cover. He does a lot of work on hotrods, and I got his name from the car guys.

As I recall there is a good hotrod community in Ogden and SLC so you should not have trouble finding a hot rod club member.

Wear your Beach Boys flowered shirt and you may get a discount.

Ed Obermeier made a great suggestion for a lexan divider for one of these style boats where you might not want the snaps or the channel on the smooth surface. Cut a piece of Lexan and slide some pipe insulation foam along the edges to create enough friction to hold it in place.

Hot rod meet is a great suggestion, interiors on those prized possessions are incredible. The local upholsterer in my area also does restored car interiors.

Or if you want something quick and cheap use 3/4" or 1" foam insulating board for the barrier and use the self adhesive tublar foam pipe insulation around the edges. May not be pretty but it works damn good and it's easy and cheap to build.

Ed

Edited by ed obermeier

Or if you want something quick and cheap use 3/4" or 1" foam insulating board for the barrier and use the self adhesive tublar foam pipe insulation around the edges. May not be pretty but it works damn good and it's easy and cheap to build.

Ed

And you can cover it with some cow print vinyl too! Tease2.gif

Couple more tips......

You can cut Lexan with a wood blade on a jigsaw. And then sand or files the edges, & polish it with your buffer.

I think the plastic you want is called King Starboard & is available in black or white. I just bought some from this guy on Ebay & he was very easy to work with, shipped quickly & the plastic is great quality. Or you might try Googling "plastic" in your home town & you might find a local supplier. :rockon:

And last, I made a very basic seat for my Prostar years ago out of plastic decking lumber (ie; Trex), then had it upholstered for like $40. A lot of times those upholstery guys don't have a lot to do in the winter & can get really flexible on pricing & doing custom work.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky