Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gotta Love Craigs List

MalibuTime

Always interesting things on CL...

Like this Connelly stealth wakeboad (the one that says HO)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/spo/1950530902.html

And this, gotta have it board for NASCAR fans. Who woulda thought, NASCAR and wakeboarding, a natural fit.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/1950534496.html

Or this, for $75 I am sure some one will snap it right up. :rofl:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/1938183346.html

Edited by MalibuTime

Nice. Good ones.

Being in Seattle, where most wakeboards & waterskis are made or distributed from, you should know people who know people who work there (6 degrees of separation... or less). The Nascar board was a promo deal made for someone, ie: Dale's team, marketing gig, etc. I have a ski that say Michelob Light, an old surf shape board made from a Jolly Roger, and old AirChair boards that were what we called "Saturday Night Specials". Basically boards that were pressed after hours, and could have almost any graphic in it.

We used to find weird stuff all the time. I have one of the original DynaFlite foils made in the 60s to be mounted under a pair of waterskis. Found them under a deck at an abandoned old house on Sammamish.

That first ad is interesting. The board has HO, Connelly, and Hyperlite printed on it and the printing doesn't appear to be stickers. Weird.

Hyperlite is HO. Just don't print it on anything anymore. Just like Ronix is Radar, CWB is Connelly (Wake Boards), and so on. My board is a few years older than that one and has HO Hyperlite and Skurfer (a different brand at the time) printed on it. I guess they used Skurfer as a generic term for wakeboards back then, like Kleenex.

I don't see Connelly printed anywhere on that board.

Third one is gone already, what was it?

Nice. Good ones.

Being in Seattle, where most wakeboards & waterskis are made or distributed from, you should know people who know people who work there (6 degrees of separation... or less). The Nascar board was a promo deal made for someone, ie: Dale's team, marketing gig, etc. I have a ski that say Michelob Light, an old surf shape board made from a Jolly Roger, and old AirChair boards that were what we called "Saturday Night Specials". Basically boards that were pressed after hours, and could have almost any graphic in it.

We used to find weird stuff all the time. I have one of the original DynaFlite foils made in the 60s to be mounted under a pair of waterskis. Found them under a deck at an abandoned old house on Sammamish.

Love those strange one-offs. Usually they suck for riding, but look cool on the wall.

Dave Lee, former Lib Tech legend and now owner of Signal Snowboards has a YouTube series called "Every Third Thursday" where they take a concept and build it, whether it works or not. Vinyl record top sheets, all wood "sled" snowboards, hole-in-one, etc. Cool to see some of this stuff.

This spring around here there was an old Bud Light Hyperlite Belmont with screw holes in it ("easily repairable") they were trying to get $350 for, obviously with no bindings or fins. "Limited Edition" indeed!

I was born and raised in Charlotte, and now I live about 4 miles from the speedway. If I hadn't just dropped a bundle on having my engine rebuilt, I'd be SERIOUSLY tempted to buy that Earnhardt board!

Hey REW, I thought you were moving to Charlotte. What's up with that?

I say the dayle board goes first. Especially if some of these egg heads in Charlotte find out.

And by the way, isn't the term 'EggHead' typically used to refer to someone who's extremely intelligent? I've been to my share of races, and I have to say that that doesn't exactly describe the average NASCAR fan (myself included)!

I was born and raised in Charlotte, and now I live about 4 miles from the speedway. If I hadn't just dropped a bundle on having my engine rebuilt, I'd be SERIOUSLY tempted to buy that Earnhardt board!

Hey REW, I thought you were moving to Charlotte. What's up with that?

Don't let him fool yuh, he's here, he lives near Mountain Island Lake.

Ha! I'm from Ohio originally so I only claim to be from Charlotte when it works for me Biggrin.gif Coincidentally I see you haven't changed your location status yet...?

I'm waitig for it to grow on me.

And by the way, isn't the term 'EggHead' typically used to refer to someone who's extremely intelligent? I've been to my share of races, and I have to say that that doesn't exactly describe the average NASCAR fan (myself included)!

Go fast turn left on an oval shaped track.

by the way looking down on the thing from above, looks a bit egg shaped.

Hyperlite is HO. Just don't print it on anything anymore. Just like Ronix is Radar, CWB is Connelly (Wake Boards), and so on. My board is a few years older than that one and has HO Hyperlite and Skurfer (a different brand at the time) printed on it. I guess they used Skurfer as a generic term for wakeboards back then, like Kleenex.

I don't see Connelly printed anywhere on that board.

Third one is gone already, what was it?

It was a really old skurfer style board with the loop bindings (whatever they are called) for $75.

It was a really old skurfer style board with the loop bindings (whatever they are called) for $75.

Like this old classic.

I had it screwed to the fence when I lived on Sammamish...... yard art, ya know. :crazy:

But recently I made it into a balance board. Lots of fun on these various trips we've taken this summer.

skurfer.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Like this old classic.

I had it screwed to the fence when I lived on Sammamish...... yard art, ya know. :crazy:

But recently I made it into a balance board. Lots of fun on these various trips we've taken this summer.

skurfer.jpg

I had one kinda like that. It is now screwed to the ceiling at Wileys. :rockon: