Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brass Quick Connects in Heater Hose

CrystalSurf

I'm contemplating putting brass quick connects in my heater hose in the bilge area to make winterization a bit easier. I'm figuring I can just open them up and let it drain...and easily give it a blow to get the rest of the water out. However, is there any issue with doing this? I.e., will the water will be too hot for the connectors?, will the slightly smaller diameter of the connector restrict water flow?, etc, etc....

Also, what do the rest of you do?

I'm contemplating putting brass quick connects in my heater hose in the bilge area to make winterization a bit easier. I'm figuring I can just open them up and let it drain...and easily give it a blow to get the rest of the water out. However, is there any issue with doing this? I.e., will the water will be too hot for the connectors?, will the slightly smaller diameter of the connector restrict water flow?, etc, etc....

Also, what do the rest of you do?

if you go with garden hose type brass quick connects you will be fine. Have them on mine, as well as quick connects on the shower hot & cold lines. Works great. Do a site search for the winterization mod. Makes draining heater, block, shower a snap.

I initially looked at the winterization mod...but because I don't have a shower, I didn't read the whole thing. I realize now that it talks about the quick connects for the heater hose. My bad.

Thanks.