Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade boat or NOT?

Sporty

I need some direction please. I have a 04 Sportster LX that is kept at our lakehouse. I slalom more so than wakeboard but love them both. My dad just bought a 2006 VLX. Should I sale the sportster now and upgrade to an RLXi for slalom only since we now have the wakeboard boat?

Thanks for the opinions. It is a great problem to have and I am fortunate. I love the sporty and don't need the room because we can ski off the dock and don't need to pack a boat for the day. I have always wanted a RLXi but could never really justify the extra $. Sometimes I need a little slap in the face to bring me back to reality.

Nothing wrong with wanting the RLXi.

If you can control the urge, you have the luxury of sitting back and waiting for a great deal on a RLXi. I would think that you could get good money on the Sporty since it is no longer offered in the bu stable...especially a year or two from now. Then maybe it wouldn't cost as much to step up the RLXi.

I'm trying to make the same decision. I'd say that if you could do the upgrade without acquiring a boat payment then the added storage, walk-thru OB, and the smaller, softer wake of the RLXi would be worth it. But I would not go from a "paid-for-Sporty" to a RLXi with a payment. No.gif

I'm trying to make the same decision.  I'd say that if you could do the upgrade without acquiring a boat payment then the added storage, walk-thru OB, and the smaller, softer wake of the RLXi would be worth it.  But I would not go from a "paid-for-Sporty" to a RLXi with a payment. No.gif

I agree 100%

I find myself wanting to upgrade especially after seeing WakeandSno and JVianco's Rigs....

But, the practical side of me enjoys not making that payment. We will see how I survive the boat show....