Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

September boating

obski

Hopefully I'll be able to milk another month or so out of the season, rain or shine.

I should note that I'm optimistic because we were still having days like this last week:

1031619746_M3wwm-M.jpg

Edited by DRAGON88
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out last night and we were the only boat out there. Rode until it was hard to see. A great evening, made even better by the fact that it's October Rockon.gif

Awesome. Right now the weather forecast is calling for some morning fog and afternoon sun with a high in the upper 60's for next week, although there looks to be some rain to get through for the weekend first. So, maybe we'll get some more runs in next week if the forecast holds. Of course, we here in Oregon know how much faith to put into the weather predictions.

We went and picked up our Meadows ski passes yesterday. Time to start to think about snow up on the mountain.

was out last weekend, water is still 62 / 63...air about the same..... was a great ride......we were the only boat on the inlet most of the time!!!!!!!

weather has definately taken a turn up here in Vancouver.......think we are looking at the end soon, rain and wind are starting

just had heaters but in the BU so hoping to get a few more outings.....all I need is flat water and no rain.

Late September and October so far have been great. The water level gets lower every day and the background is not as colorfull, but man the water is nice. A couple of fishermen boats and us out there yesterday. We boarded and surfed untill we could no more. I'm enjoying every minute as I know it won't last long.

2450131200079687796S600x600Q85.jpg

Oregon & Washington crew, you better get out and ride this week! It's going to be some of the last good weather of the season!

We'll back out Wednesday afternoon. The forecast is calling for 73F and sunny. Can't wait.

This morning was our first of the year with frost on the grass. Then got over 60 this afternoon.

I got out for a 3 mile paddle across the lake after work. When I started the water was a mirror & I could see the bottom 20' down. But about 1/2 way thru I could see a ripple on the water from the wind picking up on the lake. Then was like a 10 mph crosswind when I finished 30 minutes later. :Doh:

Man, could not believe how nice it was this morning. This picture doesn't do it justice because there was niiiiiiiiiiiiice glass along the shore. Just another red RLxi to share the lake & we spread out nicely...

I LOVE October! When do the clocks shift back?

post-2790-028334500 1286941321_thumb.jpg

It was 33 when I woke up this morning. It was a chilly ride in on the bike. Looks like Saturday will be Winterization day... :cry:

No way. That just means you have to drain the block between weekend outings. Rockon.gif

It is supposed to freeze tonight here. The garden is covered, but since the boat is in the garage it will be fine without draining the block.

No way. That just means you have to drain the block between weekend outings. Rockon.gif

It is supposed to freeze tonight here. The garden is covered, but since the boat is in the garage it will be fine without draining the block.

Mine is not a queen... I gotta figure out how to mod my garage to make the boat fit.

Drain the block, unhook the exhaust manifold hoses, drain heater & shower. Bump start the engine for a second. Plug in the bilge heater. Takes only a few minutes. And I sleep at night. :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Drain the block, unhook the exhaust manifold hoses, drain heater & shower. Bump start the engine for a second. Plug in the bilge heater. Takes only a few minutes. And I sleep at night. :rockon:

Heater and shower? What's that? LOL.gif

We got out today for another awesome day in October. It was 69F air with 62F water and nothing but sun and glass. What a great day. After spending the afternoon on the river we all hit Red Robin - Peach Iced Tea and a Guacamole Burger. Great day!

We got out today for another awesome day in October. It was 69F air with 62F water and nothing but sun and glass. What a great day. After spending the afternoon on the river we all hit Red Robin - Peach Iced Tea and a Guacamole Burger. Great day!

oh yeah well i worked all day,it was way better than being on a boat :cry: Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it sounded like a great day.Ive gotta wait til the weekend but believe i'll be out there :rockon: