Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

September boating

obski

Got out sunday - air temp about 67 water temp about 59 - yeah it's getting a bit colder - had the lake to ourselves - kid trunked it - the rest dusted off the dry-suits to see if we needed to do any repairs - no problems going to go out again tonight - gonna see how the slalom goes :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will probably go into November, air is still high 90's, big lake is bath water, Lake Austin is still cold (68) but closed due to flooding for a few more days.

This part of the year is always great because 'business as usual' = football= less peeps on the lake!

Did you at least have good water in the morning or evening? Curious cause I may want to go there sometime.

Yes, there was good water in the morning(early). Saturday we got there about noon and it was nice till about 4pm. Sunday the only good water about 6am to 9am. We loved the campsite. They had very nice docks as well. Overall I liked it but it will need another run for final judgment based on water/wind conditions. I could also see if there were more boats there that it could get blown out pretty easily.

Winterizing Already? Even for Alberta thats Early... We were out at Chestermere On Friday. Air temp was around 60 and Water at 57-60..

It is true, winterizing already. We are having freezing temps at night now in Red Deer and have a chance of hitting -7 celsius this week. I was not even near the front of the line at Wizard Lake, there were 67 boats infront of mine that were there as well waiting to be winertized. For me the boating season is over and on to getting the sleds ready to go for another winter hopefully with lots of snow.

Just came in, another ride at dusk. :biggrin:

We had another great evening, but I couldn't find anyone else to go out. Oh well. We'll get out tomorrow afternoon and then it is time to pull the boat off of the river and then we'll be trailering for the rest of the year, starting with LBC this weekend.

Come on down Obski. :biggrin: I am looking at glass this morning. Its the firs day the wind had not come up. No ski partners this morning. The wife offered to go out but need to get my a$$ working around the house. Its time to do the windows a full day of work oh well.

We had incredible weather last weekend at Lake Billy Chinook! Water was mid-low 60's and air was high 70's (maybe even 80) and there was good water until late morning! Forecast says that the rain is moving in though...

We had incredible weather last weekend at Lake Billy Chinook! Water was mid-low 60's and air was high 70's (maybe even 80) and there was good water until late morning! Forecast says that the rain is moving in though...

Hopefully there won't be rain this weekend at LBC, or at least just some light showers. We were out on the river today and saw one other boat - a Nautique with a slalom skier. I finally got up the nerve to try some backrolls. They didn't go well, but I tried.

I paddlesurfed about 3 miles in under 30 minutes last night. It was like 70 & partly sunny & I don't think I saw one wake the entire trip. :rockon:

Holy crap! Those things must be mighty good at gliding. Thats about my running pace, if I chose to do such an activity :crazy:

Holy crap! Those things must be mighty good at gliding. Thats about my running pace, if I chose to do such an activity :crazy:

Hehe, yea, I'm a big runner too! :crazy:

Just got back from a paddle again. High 60s & cloudy.... and quite a few boats out. Had to surf or paddle thru several wakes tonite. Some time ago I Googled 3 miles in either direction from my dock, and thats my evening ride to get a descent sweat goin. They glide alright, but that pace gets my heart goin & I'm a little worn out when I get home.

I did the entire perimeter of the lake (4.7 miles) on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago.... just about 90 minutes. I was whipped! Lookin forward to doing it again soon & breaking that time wide open.

Hoping to get the SkySki out tomorrow though..... first time since Hells Canyon. And it's time. :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Hehe, yea, I'm a big runner too! :crazy:

Just got back from a paddle again. High 60s & cloudy.... and quite a few boats out. Had to surf or paddle thru several wakes tonite. Some time ago I Googled 3 miles in either direction from my dock, and thats my evening ride to get a descent sweat goin. They glide alright, but that pace gets my heart goin & I'm a little worn out when I get home.

I did the entire perimeter of the lake (4.7 miles) on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago.... just about 90 minutes. I was whipped! Lookin forward to doing it again soon & breaking that time wide open.

Hoping to get the SkySki out tomorrow though..... first time since Hells Canyon. And it's time. :rockon:

My daughter is going to bring a couple of paddleboards with us to LBC this weekend. She and her husband will probably be on them, but I just seem to fall right over.

It's looking really iffy this weekend ob, not sure if things are going to hold for you based on the local forecasts.

I've had a few things come up & probably won't be able to make it up there this weekend unfortunately.

OK. We'll be there if things open up for you.

Let me know if you will be making any trips up this way. We will still be getting out until late November or early December depending on the weather.

OK. We'll be there if things open up for you.

Let me know if you will be making any trips up this way. We will still be getting out until late November or early December depending on the weather.

Obski--btw I have acquired a drysuit (free) so make sure you let me know if you need a third....I would love to help you out. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know we are into October now, but just wanted to share that we got out for what could well be the last nice warm day of the year. Other than a few fishermen, we had the river to ourselves on a glorious day. It was sunny, 77F air and 63F water. My wife has a new board and a new desire to get out on the water. She wants to try to wakeboard every month over the next year. We'll see about that, but I love the intent. It looks like the rain starts this week....

I know we are into October now, but just wanted to share that we got out for what could well be the last nice warm day of the year. Other than a few fishermen, we had the river to ourselves on a glorious day. It was sunny, 77F air and 63F water. My wife has a new board and a new desire to get out on the water. She wants to try to wakeboard every month over the next year. We'll see about that, but I love the intent. It looks like the rain starts this week....

:thumbup:

No way I can go all year. We did get out again tonight. Our season is coming to a close soon. I need to pull the boat before I leave for deer season just can't trust temp.

I only wish my C.O.O. skied or boarded. She does pull and does it well so I am not going to b****.

We have had mornings below freezing. :(

Wow, what a nice day we had here in Oregon today. The weather forecast had been calling for possible rain or cloudy sky. It ended up being a day with nothing but beautiful sunshine with an air temp of 75F and water of 67F. I think everyone has put their boats away for the year because in spite of stellar conditions, there was hardly anyone else on the river. We enjoyed glass and sunshine from 9:30 this morning until 5:30 this evening. We had our annual picnic at Champoeg State Park and got to teach a few people how to wakeboard and got them up for the first time. It sure made it easier to teach when we were sitting in glass and not having to worry about other boats.

I just thought I would share about a nice late season day here, especially after I ranted about our lousy month of June. Hope everyone else is still getting out for some good times on the water.

Went out for the last trip last week, wow Oct has not been to bad also, Unfortuatly putting it away on monday,, going to be a long winter ):