Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

September boating

obski

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out last Sunday, weather was great and so was the water. Pending weather doesn't look good. Have to admit I think the Wake-Pig is done for the season. Starting system tear down this weekend.

Wow, what an awesome day today! This weather in October has been making up for the lousy June we had out here. It was 70F air, and 62F water. Nothing but glass and clear blue sky. I've been expecting this incredible run to end, but it has been going on and on. It can't go on forever though. This is Oregon after all.:lol: The forecast is calling for rain as far out as the forecast goes starting on Friday. Looks like it may be only an occasional trip now.

Here is a pic taken on my cell of my wife enjoying the glass. She was going with the drysuit and neo socks. I was going with the neo top and was quite comfortable.

IMAG0013.jpg

Drysuit in 62 degree water sounds like my wife too. Yours is braver than mine, when the water dips below 80 she's done. She wants nothing to do with a wet or drysuit. The rest of my crew rocks the trunks through the 60's. Crazy.gif

Drysuit in 62 degree water sounds like my wife too. Yours is braver than mine, when the water dips below 80 she's done. She wants nothing to do with a wet or drysuit. The rest of my crew rocks the trunks through the 60's. Crazy.gif

Yeah, she doesn't like to be cold. When we bought the boat, the deal maker was having a heated observer seat installed for her. I'm pretty proud of her getting out in the colder water. She hasn't yet gone to her neoprene hood and gloves, but I'm sure that those will be coming out soon.

Yeah, she doesn't like to be cold. When we bought the boat, the deal maker was having a heated observer seat installed for her. I'm pretty proud of her getting out in the colder water. She hasn't yet gone to her neoprene hood and gloves, but I'm sure that those will be coming out soon.

Good for her! I'll have to use her as an example for my wife. Hopeful next spring she'll get in when the water cracks 70! ROFL.gif

You guys noticeing your boat runnig cool during this time of year? Mine never got to 160 last Saturday. water temp was still around 70 air around 75.

had a perfect evening out tonight on the weir. i didnt ski, just hung out and drove. for a second timer on doubles and a top 10 ranked elite skier. one extreme to the other! :lol: water is warming up very fast, neo top kind of temp. The lake is now over 97% full and looks a million bucks. hasnt been this full since at least 2005. :yahoo: we have had a very wet spring down here.

few bu's out. an 04 WS VLX, 10 RLXi, few others and us in an 09 RLX. good to be back into it :yahoo:

Edited by Toby

You guys noticeing your boat runnig cool during this time of year? Mine never got to 160 last Saturday. water temp was still around 70 air around 75.

My boat will cool to 140 well changing skiers but comes back to 160 well running water at 57 now.

I might check your thermostat your boat should still come up to 160 well running.

Got out for a paddle down the Spokane River again last night. Only boats we saw were 3 sculling crews & their coaches boats. Made it about 2 miles up the river before we turned around because it was getting dark. Then stopped by Longhorns for a beer & some BBQ.

SpokaneRiver10102.jpg

Wish it were summer again because we found a ROPE SWING!!! :yahoo:

SpokaneRiver10101.jpg

We got out for what is sure to be our last trip in October, and probably our last until the weather clears again. Today, though, we had a nice little break in the rain. It was absolute glass on the river without another boat anywhere, including a lack of fishermen to glare at us. It was air 55F and water 55F. I went with a neo top, but everyone else was in drysuits. I imagine that I will be in a drysuit the next time we get out. The sun was out, although the clouds started coming in later in the afternoon. It sure is nice to be able to extend the season.

The rain is coming back tonight and there is nothing but rain for the next week or two. One positive of the precipitation is that the mountains are starting to accumulate a snow pack. Meadows has a 31" base and there is more on the way. They can start to think about opening before Thanksgiving at this rate. We were down in Klamath Falls last weekend and hit a bunch of snow coming over the pass. We got season passes for Meadows this year, so am starting to get psyched for that and the Blazers started their season last night (with a win). The season is changing here.

We got out for what is sure to be our last trip in October, and probably our last until the weather clears again. Today, though, we had a nice little break in the rain. It was absolute glass on the river without another boat anywhere, including a lack of fishermen to glare at us. It was air 55F and water 55F. I went with a neo top, but everyone else was in drysuits. I imagine that I will be in a drysuit the next time we get out. The sun was out, although the clouds started coming in later in the afternoon. It sure is nice to be able to extend the season.

The rain is coming back tonight and there is nothing but rain for the next week or two. One positive of the precipitation is that the mountains are starting to accumulate a snow pack. Meadows has a 31" base and there is more on the way. They can start to think about opening before Thanksgiving at this rate. We were down in Klamath Falls last weekend and hit a bunch of snow coming over the pass. We got season passes for Meadows this year, so am starting to get psyched for that and the Blazers started their season last night (with a win). The season is changing here.

Nice! I'm hoping to get the new Titan finished this week and test it out this weekend! The wetsuit is ready. Rockon.gif

Our last trip of the season was last weekend, Thursday - Saturday.

Dale Hollow was awesomely calm and only a few fishermen scattered along the shores.

Air was 72 in the afternoon, Water was about the same.

No wet suits or dry suits and no observer with us, so we just enjoyed cruisig the lake alone for 2 days.

The camping was excellent, but due to the extreme dryness only very small campfires were allowed.

There is actually an outdoor fire ban in the whole state, but the Ranger was accomodating to the campers!

Winterize next week, and then to storage until April ... :(

Your winterizing and the water is still 72? Is it because of low water level?

No kidding.

I rode on Friday. 58 degree water. Air almost 70. By Monday we had snow on the hills around our place.

I'm not done yet. But I pulled the boat out. Was tough getting it on the trailer because the water level was a tad bit low. We will have to go to the bigger lakes in the area to ride this fall.

I heard last night on the news Timberline was trying to open this weekend!

Our last trip of the season was last weekend, Thursday - Saturday.

Dale Hollow was awesomely calm and only a few fishermen scattered along the shores.

Air was 72 in the afternoon, Water was about the same.

No wet suits or dry suits and no observer with us, so we just enjoyed cruisig the lake alone for 2 days.

The camping was excellent, but due to the extreme dryness only very small campfires were allowed.

There is actually an outdoor fire ban in the whole state, but the Ranger was accomodating to the campers!

Winterize next week, and then to storage until April ... :(

Flew over Dale Hollow yesterday on my way to Nashville, it is a beautiful lake. Were do you camp? Are there cabins, don't think my Mom and Dad will be into the camping sean.

REW