Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

September boating

obski

Wow, what a nice day we had here in Oregon today. The weather forecast had been calling for possible rain or cloudy sky. It ended up being a day with nothing but beautiful sunshine with an air temp of 75F and water of 67F. I think everyone has put their boats away for the year because in spite of stellar conditions, there was hardly anyone else on the river. We enjoyed glass and sunshine from 9:30 this morning until 5:30 this evening. We had our annual picnic at Champoeg State Park and got to teach a few people how to wakeboard and got them up for the first time. It sure made it easier to teach when we were sitting in glass and not having to worry about other boats.

I just thought I would share about a nice late season day here, especially after I ranted about our lousy month of June. Hope everyone else is still getting out for some good times on the water.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbup: We have been getting out but not good weather. Eight days of big time wind. Today was quiet and we skied this morning but rain moved in. We have been getting an hour just before nightfall. Temps in the hi 50's to mid 60's.

Wow, what a nice day we had here in Oregon today. The weather forecast had been calling for possible rain or cloudy sky. It ended up being a day with nothing but beautiful sunshine with an air temp of 75F and water of 67F. I think everyone has put their boats away for the year because in spite of stellar conditions, there was hardly anyone else on the river. We enjoyed glass and sunshine from 9:30 this morning until 5:30 this evening. We had our annual picnic at Champoeg State Park and got to teach a few people how to wakeboard and got them up for the first time. It sure made it easier to teach when we were sitting in glass and not having to worry about other boats.

I just thought I would share about a nice late season day here, especially after I ranted about our lousy month of June. Hope everyone else is still getting out for some good times on the water.

We had almost the same day. The conditions on the river were amazing and the temps were very similar to what you had. We topped out in the 70's and started the day at 9 am in the low 50's. It was an awesome day! Yahoo.gif When I got there, we only had to share the entire river with one Nautique running barefoot runs on a boom. The water was so smooth I thew out boom on and we took turns footing. Clap.gif

nights are getting cooler and the water temp is dropping fast. It seams like I just put the wet suits away. Cant get out early in the mornings anymore getting to cool.

In the spring the air is warm and the water is cold. Now we have the air is cool and the water is warm. I like the fall better because the water is still in the 70's. Hope to get into October this year.

I've always been a big fan of September! Everyone else puts their boats away and goes back to business as usual. As long as you can put up with cooler air and water temps September is usually the best boating of the year, especially late in the month when the fall colors are out. We'll be heading out for a late morning boarding set here shortly. Not another boat on the lake Yahoo.gif

Still enjoying afternoon temps of 90 with water about 80 degrees. Payback for late summer when air was 104 and water 92. At that time, the only comfortable place on the lake was on the board. Got our boat midsummer and just rolled 55 hours. Love that first run of the morning while everyone else sleeps in.

The water temp dropped 15 degrees in about a week. It was a shock, but glad the other boats are packing up. One weekend water was 85 and the next barely 70. Its that time of the year but it is this time of the year that skiers can soak up the glass!!Rockon.gif

The water temp dropped 15 degrees in about a week. It was a shock, but glad the other boats are packing up. One weekend water was 85 and the next barely 70. Its that time of the year but it is this time of the year that skiers can soak up the glass!!Rockon.gif

Right on! Rockon.gif Finally found some footing water this weekend. Thumbup.gif

We took out the in-laws yesterday. Balmy September day: air was 96 and the water 90. Felt a bit brisk getting in. :)

This is the time of year when I start getting in the water first, then I put on my wet jacket.

After about 6:30 the lake glassed out and we got some good riding in.

Was trunkin' it in northern Michigan yesterday. Air: 74, Water: 64! After that, Bu got winterized & put in the garage for the long winter. Sad day. :cry:

Was trunkin' it in northern Michigan yesterday. Air: 74, Water: 64! After that, Bu got winterized & put in the garage for the long winter. Sad day. :cry:

Glad you got out, but that is a sad day. It's going to be a long winter for you.

The plan was to pack up the boat yesterday. Instead we spent the weekend cleaning the garage, actually raking the yard (sticks everywhere from the recent windstorms), putting up the kayaks, trampoline, paddle boat, deflating toys, etc.

So I have 1 more week with the boat! But man, we did all that work yesterday and only 3 boats had been on the lake all day - a pontoon, an I/O wakeboarding, and a little fishing boat. Wish I could've stayed and spent the night. It's weird to not hear any engine noise or waves all day long.

We arrived at the lake house Saturday night after a full day of football with the boys. Steam was rolling off the water. It's gonna be dropping temp here in Michigan quick!

Took a canoe trip this weekend with the Scouts. Paddled about 45 miles, 30 of which is ski-able on the Wisconsin River. Saw one boat out all weekend and straight glass the whole time, except on the final 1 mi. stretch over a dam-made lake. My son kept telling me we brought the wrong boat.

I just smiled and :cry: on the inside.

At least we found a nice spot if our local lake is blown out or busy.

Great day here yesterday too. Water temp 66, air in the middle 70s. Surprisingly enough the wind never came up, water was glass all day long. There were a few boats out, most were just cruising around. We boarded and surfed till the evening, what a great time!

It's definitely getting cold. We usually don't put the boat away till mid October. 60 flawless hours so far and hoping for anotherv 10 or so before the cold sets in.

Still enjoying afternoon temps of 90 with water about 80 degrees. Payback for late summer when air was 104 and water 92. At that time, the only comfortable place on the lake was on the board. Got our boat midsummer and just rolled 55 hours. Love that first run of the morning while everyone else sleeps in.

Times must be tough down south, up here in Alberta we are getting freezing temps at night so the boat unfortunately went up to get winterized this weekend. I was hopeing to get an indian summer up here but that never happened and we never really did get any consistent nice weather. Lets hope next year will be a gooder.

We got some good rides in this morning. Air temp at 55 when we went out. We went from summer to fall in a day. Days running in the mid to hi 80's one and a half weeks ago to hi's in the 60's. The winds have been hi but getting small windows in the early morning and at dusk. We did get a nice pontoon ride in yesterday mid day. It got into the low 70's.

I had what was the best ski I have had Friday night. Oh what a feeling to hit every turn and better than ever. :biggrin:

I am thinking my ski is set up for colder water. I need to work more with my fin settings for warm water?

It was indeed a beautiful day! We tried out camping at a boat in only campground on the John Day river. Great place but the wind sure can pick up there. It does seem like everyone might be done for the year, except the fishermen.

That was the first place I ever skied....nice place but prefer lakes to rivers.

Water temp this weekend was 74 and air temp 95...time to put on the spring top...burrr But had a personal best as another in my ski crew did.

It was indeed a beautiful day! We tried out camping at a boat in only campground on the John Day river. Great place but the wind sure can pick up there. It does seem like everyone might be done for the year, except the fishermen.

Did you at least have good water in the morning or evening? Curious cause I may want to go there sometime.