Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Trailer has arrived

EchelonMike

Can't wait to get the boat transferred over to the new trailer tomorrow! Picked it up from the dealer yesterday! Has all the new stuff I wanted - swing tounge, disc brakes, oil bath hubs, LED lighting, reverse lock-out and-backup lights, spare, alloy wheels, etc. Hope it tows as well as it looks!

47335_1587241158110_1148239844_1674516_165774_n.jpg

If anyone needs a nice 2002 black 23' Performance trailer (XTI, LSV, Sunscape, etc), let me know as the old one is for sale!

-- Mike

Can't wait to get the boat transferred over to the new trailer tomorrow! Picked it up from the dealer yesterday! Has all the new stuff I wanted - swing tounge, disc brakes, oil bath hubs, LED lighting, reverse lock-out and-backup lights, spare, alloy wheels, etc. Hope it tows as well as it looks!

47335_1587241158110_1148239844_1674516_165774_n.jpg

If anyone needs a nice 2002 black 23' Performance trailer (XTI, LSV, Sunscape, etc), let me know as the old one is for sale!

-- Mike

New one fits like a glove!!

60442_1589104524693_1148239844_1680077_4428868_n.jpg

I also have a Prestige trailer (originally purchased boat from dealer in Chicago before relocating to NC). Trailer was made incorrect for the boat the first time. Tongue weight was off - I could unhook from the truck and the tongue post would barely touch the groud - the boat would just sort of hover. Fishtailing was aweful at highway speeds - almost to the point of being out of control. Called the guys at Prestige - they made a special trip from southern Illinois to Chicagoland to have one of their engineers look at it. They discovered the trailer was made incorrectly and agreed to build me a brand new one. During that process, we relocated to NC. They coordinated with a local dealer down here to have the new trailer shipped here, and have the dealer swap out the trailers for me (needed a boat hoist obviously). The guys at Prestige definately went above and beyond (sort of, I mean - they probalby should have replaced the trailer since they made it incorrectly) - but never even once tried to argue their way out of it or repair the trailer I had - just agreed to give me a brand new one. Props to the guys at Prestige - if you're ever in the market for a new trailer - definately consider them! Personally, I like the styling (wheels, striping, etc.) of them better than the boatmates. The thing pulls like a dream - could not be happier with Prestige. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

I also have a Prestige trailer (originally purchased boat from dealer in Chicago before relocating to NC). Trailer was made incorrect for the boat the first time. Tongue weight was off - I could unhook from the truck and the tongue post would barely touch the groud - the boat would just sort of hover. Fishtailing was aweful at highway speeds - almost to the point of being out of control. Called the guys at Prestige - they made a special trip from southern Illinois to Chicagoland to have one of their engineers look at it. They discovered the trailer was made incorrectly and agreed to build me a brand new one. During that process, we relocated to NC. They coordinated with a local dealer down here to have the new trailer shipped here, and have the dealer swap out the trailers for me (needed a boat hoist obviously). The guys at Prestige definately went above and beyond (sort of, I mean - they probalby should have replaced the trailer since they made it incorrectly) - but never even once tried to argue their way out of it or repair the trailer I had - just agreed to give me a brand new one. Props to the guys at Prestige - if you're ever in the market for a new trailer - definately consider them! Personally, I like the styling (wheels, striping, etc.) of them better than the boatmates. The thing pulls like a dream - could not be happier with Prestige. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Great info/experience, thanks for sharing! I had a buddy follow me up towing the new trailer while I had the boat on the old trailer. So I haven't pulled it myself yet, but it sure looks nice going down the road and tracks laser-straight.

Is Prestige a casulty of the recession? Their website's dead...uh oh!!

-- Mike

Unfortunately it does appear that Prestige has "gone out of business" - meaning they sold their assests to Heritage Trailers. See link for information about it. That's too bad - they were an amazing company with an amazing product - hopefully Heritage will continue that.

My link