Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'04 LSV Prop Choice

GlassyWater09

Bought '04 LSV HH in spring '06 with 80 hrs. at 1,700' lake. It's new home was Big Bear Lake @ 6,750. It had a Acme 381 prop that was doggy at Big Bear, Acme sent me a 14.25x14.5, it worked fine for first 3 years. Then we learned how to get from W2W and started using ballast more. With stock ballast it was slow on the turns. Next found lake down the mountain that we could ride all thru the winter, it is at 1,500'. The 14.25x14.5 worked wonderfully at the lower altitude even with full stock ballast. Loved that. Then. Bumped up the ballast with sac's, we are now at 3,600 lbs, it's that and 4 people in the boat it's a little slow to plane, but ridable. Although when the boat makes it summer time trips back up to it's home lake, Big Bear where it's beautiful, the boat will not get past 13 mph with anywhere near the 3,600 lbs.

Hmmmm. We are dedicated wakeboarders with no need for this LSV to go over 30 mph. Ever. If I had a prop that would handle Big Bear altitude with 3,600 lbs, that same prop would be a rocket out of the hole at 1,500'. That would be just fine.

What would that prop be? What would be the down side to a prop like that?

Trying to get brighter about the boat and sport... boat has 670 hrs now, so we've been working at it.

ps... absolutely love this Malibu.

Richard

Bought '04 LSV HH in spring '06 with 80 hrs. at 1,700' lake. It's new home was Big Bear Lake @ 6,750. It had a Acme 381 prop that was doggy at Big Bear, Acme sent me a 14.25x14.5, it worked fine for first 3 years. Then we learned how to get from W2W and started using ballast more. With stock ballast it was slow on the turns. Next found lake down the mountain that we could ride all thru the winter, it is at 1,500'. The 14.25x14.5 worked wonderfully at the lower altitude even with full stock ballast. Loved that. Then. Bumped up the ballast with sac's, we are now at 3,600 lbs, it's that and 4 people in the boat it's a little slow to plane, but ridable. Although when the boat makes it summer time trips back up to it's home lake, Big Bear where it's beautiful, the boat will not get past 13 mph with anywhere near the 3,600 lbs.

Hmmmm. We are dedicated wakeboarders with no need for this LSV to go over 30 mph. Ever. If I had a prop that would handle Big Bear altitude with 3,600 lbs, that same prop would be a rocket out of the hole at 1,500'. That would be just fine.

What would that prop be? What would be the down side to a prop like that?

Trying to get brighter about the boat and sport... boat has 670 hrs now, so we've been working at it.

ps... absolutely love this Malibu.

Richard

Have you explained your current situation to ACME? Another company to contact would be OJ they are the two big names in the ski/wakeboard prop business, when you email/call them be sure to have as much detail as possible on hand so you have answers when they ask questions about your boat/its performance. Unfortunately I do not know enough to help you out in choosing a prop.