Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04 LSV 23 - Soft spots in the floor

TNT_WAKE

I recently bought a used 2004 Wakesetter LSV 23. It's got a few soft spots in the floor (amongst a few other problems...). The soft spots seem to be isolated to the center 'board' that has the removable table mount in it.

1. Is it possible to replace just that section of floor?

2. I'm assuming it's some kind of fiberglass/aluminumm composite material make-up. Where to get other than dealership?

3. Anyone have any pictures of this center floor removal on the newer boats?

Thanks in advance!

I recently bought a used 2004 Wakesetter LSV 23. It's got a few soft spots in the floor (amongst a few other problems...). The soft spots seem to be isolated to the center 'board' that has the removable table mount in it.

1. Is it possible to replace just that section of floor?

2. I'm assuming it's some kind of fiberglass/aluminumm composite material make-up. Where to get other than dealership?

3. Anyone have any pictures of this center floor removal on the newer boats?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you should be able to replace that section of the floor. It's an aluminum honeycombed type construction.

If you look closely at the corners, you should be able to locate the screw heads. Probably one in each

front corner. Maybe another along the edge midway. IIRC, there were no screws in the back corners on

my boat (this portion held down by rear seat). Then, just gently pry one edge up (easier to raise front

edge on my boat). The carpeting will be adhered to that piece of flooring, but I suspect it'll peel off

fairly easily.

Sorry, no pictures.

I thought the boat had limited lifetime hull and structure warranty that included the seat bases and the floor IDK. :dontknow:

That is just what I got out of reading the warranty.

I did think about contacting the dealership to see if the warranty would apply, but I'm the 3rd owner, so I'm not sure if there is specific paperwork that needs to be filled out. I haven't seen any.

As for my boat, I've only seen the 2 screws in front, which I removed, tried prying it up, but it seemed a little tougher than it should be, so I posed the question before I did any damage.

I'll probably replace it with marine-grade plywood to keep the costs reasonable, and re-apply the carpet to that.

If anyone else has any pictures, they're much appreciated!

Thanks

I did think about contacting the dealership to see if the warranty would apply, but I'm the 3rd owner, so I'm not sure if there is specific paperwork that needs to be filled out. I haven't seen any.

As for my boat, I've only seen the 2 screws in front, which I removed, tried prying it up, but it seemed a little tougher than it should be, so I posed the question before I did any damage.

I'll probably replace it with marine-grade plywood to keep the costs reasonable, and re-apply the carpet to that.

If anyone else has any pictures, they're much appreciated!

Thanks

It is relatively easy to pull out, I had mine out to change the fuel sending unit. In addition to the two screws that hold the panel down up front you also need to remove the seat support under the seat which provides access to the v-drive and transmission. The screws to get to the panel are buried in the carpet and if you poke around with your finger you can find the head and easily remove them. I wish I had a picture it would be a lot easier to show you than to try and explain it.

-Dave

It is relatively easy to pull out, I had mine out to change the fuel sending unit. In addition to the two screws that hold the panel down up front you also need to remove the seat support under the seat which provides access to the v-drive and transmission. The screws to get to the panel are buried in the carpet and if you poke around with your finger you can find the head and easily remove them. I wish I had a picture it would be a lot easier to show you than to try and explain it.

-Dave

Cool, I was kinda wondering about that. I'll do some digging, but it looked like the seat support is a single piece that wraps all the way around, which looked like a pain to remove if that is the case.