Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REEDUS' 247 For Sale again.

pennery

That is one great/wild/scary/ridiculous story.... to be an average person today means some must be below average... do unto others...

Must be a Salt Lake thing (just joking no angry posts)... I bought a boat there last fall and that guy "missed" a couple of things... Once the new V-drive is in it in the next couple of weeks I will be over the $10 K mark in repairs (95% warranty thankfully)thank goodness I paid to transfer the warranty.

I asked if anything was wrong and had him go over the boat verbally during the initial deal and everything was good. Then when I was driving down he decided to let me in on some of the problems/things he forgot to bring up the first time (guess he was hoping I was past the point of no return).He only let me in on a coupe of the issues... his conscience was starting get the better of him but only partially.

Once I inspected the boat etc and did the deal and did the wire transfer process he phones me at 10 pm that night and says he has decided to trade the boat in on truck and I can buy it from the dealer. Too late bill of sale done, money is changing hands ... too bad.

It was a good feeling to have the boat on my hitch and titles in hand the next morning.

I'm an engineer and operate under a professional code of conduct that I carry into my personal life and this guy was an anesthiologist who I was hoping was acting on a professional code of conduct that transferred into his personal life....

at the end of the day...buyer beware... and it was still a phenomonal deal so I'm still way ahead...let's hope I got all the bugs out while still under warranty.

....operate under a professional code of conduct ........this guy was an anesthiologist who I was hoping was acting on a professional code of conduct that transferred into his personal life....

at the end of the day...buyer beware... and it was still a phenomonal deal so I'm still way ahead...let's hope I got all the bugs out while still under warranty.

The guy that did my wife's spinal for our son missed on the first attempt. Three months after he was born we got an unpaid insurance bill for the spinal due to "duplicate charges". This d-bag tried to charge us for his screwed up attempt to the tune of $1900. He took it all the way to the point of threatening to send us to collection. When our lawyer friend finally called him (a year after we got the bill) he finally dropped it. Just because of his profession, I wouldn't call him professional...

Glad you were able to get your situation resolved.

i feel sorry for the person who gets that headache, good job with the grainy pic of the hull id #.

:plus1:

is it being auctioned as a totaled boat that has been repaired? If not maybe the auctioneer should be made aware of that.

Who is going to be the guy tell the new proud owner the history of this boat when he signs up here all happy with his purchase?

Who is going to be the guy tell the new proud owner the history of this boat when he signs up here all happy with his purchase?

I'm just a casual passer-by outsider on this site, but I'm subscribed to this thread for sure. Hopefully he's loosing his a$$ in this deal. I thought I read that he sold the boat for $52k? I must be remembering wrong.

I am always fascinated at how unsurprised people are with the idea that a lot people suck. Yet, when one who sucks gets ferreted out, folks are surprised to see him for what he is. And there's so much joy in watching a person who sucks, suffer a bit...especially when it's as trite and cosmically inconsequential as a financial loss. So yeah - I'll watch and enjoy this one. Innocent.gif

I have the inspection report. Can't figure out how to attach a pdf, though? Compression looks good 205-210 on all cylinders. Inspector says and I quote, 'starts and runs good. seems to have been well maintained.' Somebody is going to get hosed.......

This is why you really have to know what to look for. I've been to Brashers where they didn't announce a BU that had a cracked block after they let it be returned by the previous month's buyer of the same boat. Another buyer/dealer tried to call the auctioneer on it and all he said was 'As Is.' Which is exactly what is on THIS BOAT. Only red flag to me is that it does say 'As Is' and I don't see a ranking for the boat, but this might be because the boat was inspected today. The ranking still might come. Usually 0-5 or 1-5, 5 being the best. I've never seen anything higher than a 4 or lower than a 2-Rough.... A 4 boat looks pretty clean and I'm guessing that is what they will rank this, especially with the low hours. If they rank it?

Edited by skurfer

Geez, I just went thru the other two referenced threads. No clue how I missed either of them. Both boats are a friggen mess. Hope to hear how Barefoot 85s boat is coming along.

Here is a good copy of the auction sheet.

Is this the boat that hit the rocks at Powell & broke the stringers from the hull? :Doh:

Crazy.

should have thought of this earlier. am posting the HIN, if someone (ie: potential buyer) googles the HIN this post should show up. From here a potential buyer should read the entire topic.

Hope I have it right.

US MB2W7349H708

MB2W7349H708

Geez, I just went thru the other two referenced threads. No clue how I missed either of them. Both boats are a friggen mess. Hope to hear how Barefoot 85s boat is coming along.

Here is a good copy of the auction sheet.

Is this the boat that hit the rocks at Powell & broke the stringers from the hull? :Doh:

Crazy.

Been kind of a busy early fall but after replacing all the engine electronics and mounting tranny back up the engine will be going in this week. I'll post some pictures.

Been kind of a busy early fall but after replacing all the engine electronics and mounting tranny back up the engine will be going in this week. I'll post some pictures.

So how did you come across the engine that was originally in the boat?? And was the interior with it??

So how did you come across the engine that was originally in the boat?? And was the interior with it??

finally dug enough into the boat's history but boat seller is who eventually gave the number for the person who had it. Interior was there too, just not pylon structure in the back.

finally dug enough into the boat's history but boat seller is who eventually gave the number for the person who had it. Interior was there too, just not pylon structure in the back.

Nice. Sounds like you did a little social engineering to make it happen. What a mess. Hope you can get it all together for a reasonable price..... and minimal hair loss. :crazy:

should have thought of this earlier. am posting the HIN, if someone (ie: potential buyer) googles the HIN this post should show up. From here a potential buyer should read the entire topic.

Hope I have it right.

US MB2W7349H708

MB2W7349H708

I just googled one of thoes numbers and nothing came up. Strange...?

Boat sold at the auction today for $48,500 usd. Not a nice surprise to find out the history or end up buying it from some dealer that is going to flip it. Better become a member of the malibu crew before buying used to find out the whole truth!

Edited by Dave99

Dave, how much did that all white 08 X2 go for?

Not sure off the top of my head, I will look it up when they post results. Dave

Just looked and it's still up so that usually means it went in on an offer and didn't meet reserve. Dave

Edited by Dave99