Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
infantrybu

winterization estimate

infantrybu

well its that time of year for me. I need to winterize my malibu but im goin to college full time and the money is low. Anyone know of just a estimate of what a winterization costs at your local marine dealer.

whiteVLX

In my neck of the woods it costs around $150. That includes all fluids changed as well as all the hose's removed.

obski

The dealer charges $99 for basic (fuel stabilizer, drain block, heater, shower, and install dehumidifier) and $299 for "premium" (change oil and filter, change transmission and v-drive oil, change fuel filter, fuel stabilizer, drain everything and install dehumidifier).

MalibuNation

Mine is just over $600.00, but that also includes storage.

Baddog

Mine is just $24 for oil/filter and do it myself. It is not too hard and there have been many threads here and on the old MBO walking you through the steps. If money is tight, consider it.

Edited by Baddog

MoonDawg

It cost me $45.00 for winterization. I changed 5 qts Oil, 1 Oil Filter, changed 2 qts ATF, added 4 gals of Antifreeze, added 4oz spray fogging oil and a bottle of Stabile to the fuel tank.

I also purchased a nifty $22 hand pump from Napa Auto (Item#: BK 7511023) to suck the ATF from the Transmission. It really worked well! I am happy with that purchase.

sv3854

I also do mine myself. I purchase antifreeze at Walmart for $3/Gallon and have a funnel that I use to pour it into my intake. I also put a can of seafoam into my fuel tank($4/can) and pour some into my carb. It works wonderfully. It sure beats the $200 that my original dealer charged me. Doing it myself allows me to use the boat later in the winter because I don't have to pay to get it winterized again and the seafoam doesn't take time to work out like fogger. The total for winterization is about $20. This doesn't include the oil change though.

When I get ready to winterize my boat, I drain the manifolds, shower, block and let it sit for a while to drain as much of the water out as possible. I then start the engine while pouring antifreeze into the intake via the funnel and it gets sucked throught the engine. The boat will start to spit antifreeze after about 2 gallons but then I still keep feeding more into the engine just to make sure it is all antifreeze. It has worked wonderfully and saves me tons of money.

I have the dealer change my oil because it is cheap, and he can dispose of the oil properly.

Madmanacrossthewater

We charge 130.00 which includes:

Fuel Stabilization

Fog Engine

Load Test/Disconnect Battery

Complete visual inspection

Check and top off all fluids

Prop Inspection

Hope this helps.

Lakenut

Fuel Stabilization

Fog Engine

Prop Inspection

Hope this helps.

What about draining the block?

NorCaliBu

Fuel Stabilization

Fog Engine

Prop Inspection

Hope this helps.

What about draining the block?

That would cut into their engine replacement business. Biggrin.gif

j/k ;)

infantrybu

hmm anyone happen to know the link to that old site cause i always want to learn something to do myself. I know i need to replace the right side riser but i think i can do that also myself.

jetskipro550

Ours was around $100 and that included the usual, drain the block, gas additive, fogging oil, inspection(whatever that is) plus the heater, shower, and MLS. Also in the spring we take it to him and for free he will hook it up to a fake a lake and de-winterize it, check the batteries, and make sure that all is well.

Madmanacrossthewater

....along with the obvious winterization itself. Geez, tough crowd.