Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Repo on Discovery

woody

Where did the boat go?!

Did anybody see Discovery Channel tonight?

They had an hour long repo show. One of the vehicle recoveries was a DD wake setter in OR. The "repo man" untied the boat from the dock, drove it to the ramp, and trailered the boat while the owner was watching!!!

Edited by woody
Where did the boat go?!

They had an hour long repo show.  One of the vehicle recoveries was a DD wake setter in OR.  The "repo man" untied the boat from the dock, drove it to the ramp, and trailered the boat while the owner was watching!!!

That's an old one. The Bu in question actually belongs to a good friend of ours & the entire thing was staged. His father is a PI & was the one that "repossessed" it.

Where did the boat go?!

They had an hour long repo show.  One of the vehicle recoveries was a DD wake setter in OR.  The "repo man" untied the boat from the dock, drove it to the ramp, and trailered the boat while the owner was watching!!!

That's an old one. The Bu in question actually belongs to a good friend of ours & the entire thing was staged. His father is a PI & was the one that "repossessed" it.

Oh! Damn realality TV.

Yeah, I know. I can't speak to the rest of that show, but that particular one is completely staged. A rumor had been flying around town about it & the hubby & I couldn't believe that the person that they were talking about (our friend) would have that happen - we know him well both personally & professionally, suffice it to say that he pays his bills. So we got the scoop from him.

That part I never could understand from my perspective & I never did get the whole reason why. I just always took it for granted that he was helping out whoever it was that set this thing up with Discovery (that's the kind of guy he is, always ready to help out family & friends, even at his own expense).

I hate to see ski boats get repoed. Cry.gif

Depends on which end of the deal you are on. I bought my boat from the local repo man. Ended up with a nice ride for little coin. In addition I found all kinds of extra goodies here and there - things the average seller wouldn't just leave in the boat. Biggrin.gif

I swear I saw that episode 3-4 years ago....maybe 2-3. I can't believe its not real. I thought that it was cool because it happened at Billy Chinook. I guess I am glad that it wasn't real. I think the whole repo business is a little sketchy. A guy who I used to be friends withs dad is a repo man and he is basically a trigger happy phsyco who carries a gun with him EVERYWHERE he goes . They were at lake shasta a few years back and had the gun on their boat with them WTH? I asked my friend why and he said, "What if someone who wants to kill my dad followed us down here..." No one wanted to kill the guy, he just carries his gun because 15 years ago someone threatened him. Crazy.gif He was the kind of guy who would tell us, "If someone ever breaks into your house shot them first, then fire a shot into the air. That way if the police ask, you shot a warning shot." I wouldn't even spend the night at their house because some other friends where there one weekend night (back in middle school) and they got up to get something to eat in the middle of the night and the dad came out shot gun cocked and pointed at them Shocking.gif

Okay my Ranting.gif is over...deep breaths, deep breaths, let it all out... :)

I swear I saw that episode 3-4 years ago....maybe 2-3. I can't believe its not real. I thought that it was cool because it happened at Billy Chinook. I guess I am glad that it wasn't real. I think the whole repo business is a little sketchy. A guy who I used to be friends withs dad is a repo man and he is basically a trigger happy phsyco who carries a gun with him EVERYWHERE he goes . They were at lake shasta a few years back and had the gun on their boat with them WTH? I asked my friend why and he said, "What if someone who wants to kill my dad followed us down here..." No one wanted to kill the guy, he just carries his gun because 15 years ago someone threatened him.  Crazy.gif He was the kind of guy who would tell us, "If someone ever breaks into your house shot them first, then fire a shot into the air. That way if the police ask, you shot a warning shot." I wouldn't even spend the night at their house because some other friends where there one weekend night (back in middle school) and they got up to get something to eat in the middle of the night and the dad came out shot gun cocked and pointed at them Shocking.gif 

Okay my  Ranting.gif is over...deep breaths, deep breaths, let it all out... :)

Back away from the Soda... Patrick.. B A C K away from the SODA!! :unsure:

Depends on which end of the deal you are on. I bought my boat from the local repo man. Ended up with a nice ride for little coin. In addition I found all kinds of extra goodies here and there - things the average seller wouldn't just leave in the boat. Biggrin.gif

What'd you get? Don't they strip those things out prior to the selling/auction? I envision the repo guys looting the boat of the gear..

What'd you get? Don't they strip those things out prior to the selling/auction? I envision the repo guys looting the boat of the gear..

Actually they don't, or these guys didn't. I joked with them about how they pull all the high dollar slalom skis out and stick them in the back closet. They looked at me as if I had just insulted them. Unfortunately I didn't get anything real good like skis or boards, but there were some nice jackets, ski ropes, couple of coolers, anchors, bunch of cd's (one even still in the player), a box of marine waxes and cleaners - mainly just a bunch of little crap. Nothing of any great value. It was just fun opening up all the compartments looking for loot.

In the process to get my boat, I "auctioned" through the repo man. I got the impression their company got the boat, and then acted as the middle man between lending bank and the bidders. It was as is, as they pulled it there. They didn't do anything to present it for sale. I placed an offer, the bank didn't like any of them and presented a counter offer to everyone, I raised my 2nd offer about $1k, and the bank accepted mine; assuming I was the highest. The marina wouldn't tell me much of the details, but they acted like I won it by only a few hundred bucks.

Dad used to own a home furnishing store, and he ran some of 'his own paper'. So if someone didn't make a payment, he was on the hook. They had to send Repo men out to get stuff occaisionally. Some of that stuff ended up in my house as a young married guy.

Dad used to own a home furnishing store, and he ran some of 'his own paper'.  So if someone didn't make a payment, he was on the hook.  They had to send Repo men out to get stuff occaisionally.  Some of that stuff ended up in my house as a young married guy.

So that's what happened to my velvet Elvis painting!