Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

prop cone

Vettesetter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vettesetter

• Pistol Pete

• martinarcher

• water_junky

I don't know what a prop cone is, but if everyone else is buying them then I'm thinking I must need one too.

That's the tell-tale sign that you're addicted to the crew.

A guy posted a pic. of one on his boat about a year ago. It was a nice little piece of jewelry but, for something you're hardly ever gonna see, I don't see spending the money. It basically looked like this...

saildrivedetailandanodestarboardsidevga.jpg

On an airplane the spinner faces the oncoming air, but a boat it seems like it exactly like Pete said, something that simply looks shnazzy.

Right, not functional like a fog machine or leds or powdercoated board racks. :biggrin:

That's the tell-tale sign that you're addicted to the crew.

A guy posted a pic. of one on his boat about a year ago. It was a nice little piece of jewelry but, for something you're hardly ever gonna see, I don't see spending the money. It basically looked like this...

saildrivedetailandanodestarboardsidevga.jpg

Man ole Man That is some serious BLING....do they have Gold Plated or can I get Chromed.....Bu will look good driving down the interstate....all the other boats will be jealous...sorta like a nipple on the wrong end (sorry had to say it) :crazy:

Man ole Man That is some serious BLING....do they have Gold Plated or can I get Chromed.....Bu will look good driving down the interstate....all the other boats will be jealous...sorta like a nipple on the wrong end (sorry had to say it) :crazy:

What you really need is a cone made of un-obtanuim, with cubic zirconium "spinner" gems incrusted into the cone.

Actually, the prop cone is a very functional device that improves the efficiency of the prop itself by smoothing the output flow off the hub of the prop. The reason that you tend not to see them on these boats is the hub is fairly small thus not as necessary or providing as much of an improvement as in a big hub prop (notice the size of the hub in the photo).

Wow, I have the prop cone ordered, I already have the SS exhaust tips, underwater blue lights, red led interior lights, Deathproof hood ornament, and pop up nav light, but they're total necessities.......I still need the stainless butt...er...drain plug though.

Wow, I have the prop cone ordered, I already have the SS exhaust tips, underwater blue lights, red led interior lights, Deathproof hood ornament, and pop up nav light, but they're total necessities.......I still need the stainless butt...er...drain plug though.

Hey Hollywood, how was the prop cone?

Terry