Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACCIDENT ON LAKE GEORGE

bret

I was looking at the first few pics and wondering what broke the windshield--his flashlight or his face/chest. Then I saw the walkthrough....

That sucks. Like to hear what the investigation finds.

Well 11pm he sure wasn't skiing. Probably drunk or didn't know area. He was from long island so either he has a place at the lake or was renting. Glad nobody else was in the boat.

No salvaging that boat, she is wrecked. For parts only. That's a shame, was that a Response?

Nice pier!

According to the article, it is a 21-foot outboard motor boat. :whistle:

According to the article, it is a 21-foot outboard motor boat. :whistle:

Boat will probably turn up on eBay with only some grainy photos from the rear. :)

I laughed at description 21-foot outboard also. More quality reporting.

The Washington Post did a story about wakeboarding at Lake Anna, but they called it "waterboarding". Don't get me wrong, us DC peeps love waterboarding as much as the next guy............

Holy crap!!!! that was my boat for 9 years. Peter at Smooth water just sold it for me at the end of last season. That was a great boat with low hours and immaculate. Still kind of hurts to see that.

Holy crap!!!! that was my boat for 9 years. Peter at Smooth water just sold it for me at the end of last season. That was a great boat with low hours and immaculate. Still kind of hurts to see that.

That would make me cry too. Looks like it was in great shape.

Easy guys. This one hit close.

I don't have the full details on this, as sadly it just happened last night. My heart and prayers are out to the individual and his family, as he fights to recover in the ICU from serious head and chest injuries. He saved and worked for a very long time to be able to achieve his dream of owning a Malibu, and was able to realize that dream this spring. His family has owned a place on Lake George for generations, and nothing made him happier or proud than to provide his family with a true skiboat.

There are news reports of it being a "possible alcohol related" accident, and knowing him, until proven otherwise I don't believe it.

Please offer him the courtesy of not speculating on the accident like the media does.

God speed his recovery.

Sincerely,

Peter Brown

You are a GOOD man Peter! :salute:

However I gotta wonder how someone could be traveling that fast at 11pm.

I now work at a Kaiser hospital and see patients daily walking (slowly) with shaved heads and dozens of staples like their entire melon was dissected... AMAZING what they can do!

You are a GOOD man Peter! :salute:

However I gotta wonder how someone could be traveling that fast at 11pm.

I now work at a Kaiser hospital and see patients daily walking (slowly) with shaved heads and dozens of staples like their entire melon was dissected... AMAZING what they can do!

I don't think it is too much of a stretch that kind of damage could occur going 15 or 20 mph then hitting a solid rock pier. Lots of people get up on a slow plane, use reflected light and moonlight to navigate. I am sure the pier was a pretty black backdrop. Hope he recovers and can get another boat from Peter.