Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If you say you're going to sell...then sell

Love2Ride

I have been talking with a guy who wants to sell his boat (maybe).

We have a time and location all planned out, and I get an email from him telling me, among other things, that he is already getting cold feet about selling! I understand that most boat owners (Malibu owners in particular I've noticed) take exceptional pride in their boat and apart from losing a job, wanting to upgrade, or simply not using it, they don't want to sell them. I don't completely fault him for getting cold feet (there's a solild chance I would also in his position), but please make sure that you want to sell before stringing someone along.

He seems like a good guy, a family man with two young children who doesn't have a lot of free time on his hands to use the boat. So why not let someone like me who has been dreaming/craving/obsessing/etc about getting a boat for a couple years now the chance to get a good deal and appreciate the boat the way he does/did.

I'm supposed to make the three hour drive today to inspect and go for a test drive, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that he wants to go through with it.

I'm not bashing the guy at all, just needed a place to vent a little, and this is the perfect place to do it! :werule:

Take a wad of cash with you, that might warm his feet up :biggrin:

And make sure his wife sees that big wad of cash or hears you say you want the boat...you know she isn't getting cold feet about selling the boat.

He may have another deal in the works for more money and you are on the back burner if it falls through. The motives of most people never surprise me anymore (money money money). In any case, keep searching and find a better deal.

I have been talking with a guy who wants to sell his boat (maybe).

We have a time and location all planned out, and I get an email from him telling me, among other things, that he is already getting cold feet about selling! I understand that most boat owners (Malibu owners in particular I've noticed) take exceptional pride in their boat and apart from losing a job, wanting to upgrade, or simply not using it, they don't want to sell them. I don't completely fault him for getting cold feet (there's a solild chance I would also in his position), but please make sure that you want to sell before stringing someone along.

He seems like a good guy, a family man with two young children who doesn't have a lot of free time on his hands to use the boat. So why not let someone like me who has been dreaming/craving/obsessing/etc about getting a boat for a couple years now the chance to get a good deal and appreciate the boat the way he does/did.

I'm supposed to make the three hour drive today to inspect and go for a test drive, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that he wants to go through with it.

I'm not bashing the guy at all, just needed a place to vent a little, and this is the perfect place to do it! :werule:

Not real sure you need to "vent". Pretty sure that's what twitter is for.

That wold truly stink if he backs out after you make the trip. Post an update when you have it.

Really nice guy. Worked out well. Accept for his little son who REALLY didn't want hid dad to sell it. Kinda made me feel a little bad for buying it...also feel like an a** for posting this to begin with. Either way, I'll pick it up this weekend probably and put some hours on it before the season is over!

Really nice guy. Worked out well. Accept for his little son who REALLY didn't want hid dad to sell it. Kinda made me feel a little bad for buying it...also feel like an a** for posting this to begin with. Either way, I'll pick it up this weekend probably and put some hours on it before the season is over!

I would hope so! There's still a couple months left! Rockon.gif

And make sure his wife sees that big wad of cash or hears you say you want the boat...you know she isn't getting cold feet about selling the boat.

Not necessarily true. :) The whole reason we even own a boat is my wife. We came across some cash and my wife told me one night that we are buying a boat. I said no way. She said oh yes we are. Now here I am addicted....but if I tried to sell my wife would likely divorce me and marry the guy that buys the boat. :lol:

Sure sounds like this one....

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28491-no-longer-for-sale-2007-malibu-wakesetter-vlx-for-sale-excellent-condition-price-reduced/

If the boat is White and Orange it is not a Silver Edition... Alot of the 07's came with the Silver Edition Steering wheel and Throttle knob though so I could see how one could mistake it...

Sure sounds like this one....

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28491-no-longer-for-sale-2007-malibu-wakesetter-vlx-for-sale-excellent-condition-price-reduced/

If the boat is White and Orange it is not a Silver Edition... Alot of the 07's came with the Silver Edition Steering wheel and Throttle knob though so I could see how one could mistake it...

All 07 boats are anniversary addition boats. It was malibus 25th year in business. Only certain vlx and responses are silver addition. They have one off interiors and exteriors. Black and silver.