Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bennett Trim Tabs

nvip9r

This may be a weird question, but I own a 2000 Wakesetter VLX, and recently started skiing more...now I know this boat is a wakeboard boat but was wondering if anyone has ever or even thought about adding Bennett Trim Tabs something similar to like the Tige, Moomba or Supras? Now my boat doesn't have the wedge and since we are really that good at wakeboarding the boat is great without it. But was thinking maybe a good winter project. But unsure if it would be beneficial or not. Looking for ideas or even input. I also noticed that Mastercraft put something similar on their X2...

Thanks Nick

This may be a weird question, but I own a 2000 Wakesetter VLX, and recently started skiing more...now I know this boat is a wakeboard boat but was wondering if anyone has ever or even thought about adding Bennett Trim Tabs something similar to like the Tige, Moomba or Supras? Now my boat doesn't have the wedge and since we are really that good at wakeboarding the boat is great without it. But was thinking maybe a good winter project. But unsure if it would be beneficial or not. Looking for ideas or even input. I also noticed that Mastercraft put something similar on their X2...

Thanks Nick

Trim tabs or front ballast. A bag up front will do wonders.

thanks...may have to try the bag up front. I was thinking the trim tabs would knock down any churn up from the prop too. but since I don't have the wedge figured might be an alternative. Seems to work well on other boats. But sure they are a different hull layout too. Wasn't sure if anyone did any extra research since I am coming up a little empty.