Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 vlx

Cable Guy

2005 Malibu Wakesetter VLX AND 6600# Hydrohoist lift - $30,000.

Moving to Northern MN. MUST SELL ASAP. Sacrificing both at this price.

• Great condition

• 175 hours

• 340hp Monsoon Engine

• Illusion Tower

• Sony Stereo system detachable with 300 Watt subwoofer

• Swim platform

• Cruise control

• 4 built in ballasts

• Malibu Wedge

• Wakeboard and surf board racks

• Built in cooler

• Heater with extendable snorkel tube

• Tons of toys and accessories

The lift is a 3 year old 6600# Hydrohoist and in great condition. Very easy to operate.

Currently own a 2008 centurion Falcon V and love this boat,but just interested in trying a different boat. What are some opinions?

VLX does not have a trailer and I would have to purchase a trailer! Does anyone know what a trailer would cost?

• Great condition

• 175 hours

• 340hp Monsoon Engine

• Illusion Tower

• Swim platform

• Cruise control

• 4 built in ballasts

• Malibu Wedge

• Built in cooler

The lift is a 3 year old 6600# Hydrohoist and in great condition. Very easy to operate.

Currently own a 2008 centurion Falcon V and love this boat,but just interested in trying a different boat. What are some opinions?

VLX does not have a trailer and I would have to purchase a trailer! Does anyone know what a trailer would cost?

Sounds like a heck of deal to me. Low hours for the that year. My '05 is just shy of 500 hours; the four tank ballast is a big plus, the heater is nice to have; if he is throwing in a all he gear you could sell some of the item you don't want. That lift must be worth some cash too.

Trailer can be had for $2K-$3.5K

Sounds like a heck of deal to me. Low hours for the that year. My '05 is just shy of 500 hours; the four tank ballast is a big plus, the heater is nice to have; if he is throwing in a all he gear you could sell some of the item you don't want. That lift must be worth some cash too.

Trailer can be had for $2K-$3.5K

A new trailer will be more, especially if you want tandem axle, swing away tongue etc. I could see getting a good quality used tandem for that price, but you may need to spend $ on adjusting the bunks to fit and possibly tires, wheel bearings/repacking and brakes depending on your comfort level with all of these things on a used trailer.

A new trailer will be more, especially if you want tandem axle, swing away tongue etc. I could see getting a good quality used tandem for that price, but you may need to spend $ on adjusting the bunks to fit and possibly tires, wheel bearings/repacking and brakes depending on your comfort level with all of these things on a used trailer.

:plus1:

5-6G's if you want an insane one. That being said, I have seen really nice used single axle's for $1500.

Edited by Levi900RR

If you'll be doing any trailering at all, I'm not sure that you'd want to put that boat on a single axle trailer.

Depending on location, brackish/salt water may be a concern as well. I'm not sure that it's a fantastic deal given the trouble that you'll need to go through.

If you'll be doing any trailering at all, I'm not sure that you'd want to put that boat on a single axle trailer.

Depending on location, brackish/salt water may be a concern as well. I'm not sure that it's a fantastic deal given the trouble that you'll need to go through.

You'd be surprised how nice a VLX rides on a S/A trailer...

I probably would. That said, it's an awfully heavy boat for a s/a. If you're only ever going to do short distances (as in less than 5 miles), I can see it. But for those of us out west that frequently have long hauls, I wouldn't even consider it.

:plus1:

Oh I know you guys do, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to have a tandem for a VLX, which is the overwhelming opinion on the board, just letting the OP know that under the correct conditions a S/A is fine.

I bet that lift cost anywhere from 6-8k for that heavy of a rating and especially if its power. So, he's roughly got boat priced at like 25....that's a good deal imho. If that is a power lift, with that kind of weight rating, I would feel confident it could be sold for the price of a trailer. Call some dealers and ask. They may want to trade a trailer. can you post picture of the lift, that would help with its valuation.

He lowered the price to 28000.00 with out the lift!! Maybe go a little lower, but I have a few more questions for malibu owners.

1) Tower problems with illusion towers? (any from minor to major) will be going to look at boat and want to know what things to look for!

2) Not very familiar with malibu boats in general, never rode in one. Only rode in Mastercraft X2 (2003) and Centurion Falcon V that is mine (2008) Would like to have some things to compare to on the three boats.

3) Also any problems that owners have had with this year model. I know that all boats will have positives and negatives, maybe be hard to get some people to comment on the negatives. (I'm a little concerned with storage room on the VLX compared to my Centurion).

4) Mainly want some advice on the cost and troubles that I will go through just to change boats. And any advice in checking this boat out before purchase. (things to look out for on the malibu's)

The VLX will be much closer to the X2 in terms of quality, performance, features and luxury than it will be your Falcon V. You'll also have WAY more space in the VLX than you do in your current boat. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to jump from your Falcon to a VLX, it will be an order of magnitude better in every measurable way (except perhaps the ski wake, if that's important to you).

That '05 VLX is the first year for that generation ('05-'08), but it doesn't suffer from any major issues or concerns, and being that it's essentially a late model Malibu, it's going to be just as, if not more, reliable as any other boat on the market.

He lowered the price to 28000.00 with out the lift!! Maybe go a little lower, but I have a few more questions for malibu owners.

1) Tower problems with illusion towers? (any from minor to major) will be going to look at boat and want to know what things to look for!

2) Not very familiar with malibu boats in general, never rode in one. Only rode in Mastercraft X2 (2003) and Centurion Falcon V that is mine (2008) Would like to have some things to compare to on the three boats.

3) Also any problems that owners have had with this year model. I know that all boats will have positives and negatives, maybe be hard to get some people to comment on the negatives. (I'm a little concerned with storage room on the VLX compared to my Centurion).

4) Mainly want some advice on the cost and troubles that I will go through just to change boats. And any advice in checking this boat out before purchase. (things to look out for on the malibu's)

We haven't had any problems with our '05 illusion tower. You may need to buy or fab some bushings to go in the tower hinge points to prevent side to side rattling. Some of the dealers were forgetful during the deal prep that year and didn't install them.

• Great condition

• 175 hours

• 340hp Monsoon Engine

• Illusion Tower

• Swim platform

• Cruise control

• 4 built in ballasts

• Malibu Wedge

• Built in cooler

There is a guy on here selling a Tandem axle trailer for $1500.00 OBO. He's in Ohio... Looks like it has a Wakesetter on it so not sure if it'd carry a VLX, but certainly someone else on the board could chime in and let you know if it'd work. Nice looking trailer and $1500 obo sounds pretty reasonable!

If it's for a Wakesetter (as in original direct drive Wakesetter) then it probably won't work for this generation VLX. The '05 boat was one of the first to go to the 98" beam, and that means that the boat has to be on top of the fenders of the trailer in order for the trailer to meet the width requirements for public roads.

I think that trailer is for a 23' XTI, I don't think it will fit or ride properly, length is too long, width is too narrow and the axles would be too far forward.

-Chris